Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 01:10 AM   #541
compurandom
Addict
compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.compurandom can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo aura h2o
I think there's an option in the driver to tell it to delete empty shelves.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:38 AM   #542
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I think there's an option in the driver to tell it to delete empty shelves.
Yes there is. But, these shelves are not empty. They have books in them from Kobo. Hence the driver won't delete them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #543
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I added a new tag for books I want to read in the near future and it was refusing to sync; it turns out that the tag "Wishlist" is explicitly ignored in the kobo driver (along with "Shortlist"), so I switched to "Favorites" and everything's working fine now.

It might be worth documenting that fact ("Wishlist" and "Shortlist" tags will never be synced) in the OP here to save others time.

EDIT: I added a quick note to that effect to the wiki, feel free to edit it for clarity or better placement.

Last edited by sjfan; 02-03-2018 at 08:03 PM.
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #544
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
I'd forgotten about those. "Wishlist" and "Shortlist" are treated differently. Neither will appear in the collections list. But, I'm not sure if Shortlist still does anythig. It was used in older firmware, but I don't think it is used now.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:35 AM   #545
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'd forgotten about those. "Wishlist" and "Shortlist" are treated differently. Neither will appear in the collections list.
Yeah, I spent a while trying to figure out if I'd messed up my auto-sync settings or something before I started suspecting something else was afoot. Switching from Wishlist to another name fixed it, at which point a quick code dive confirmed the name was being treated specially (and turned up Shortlist as well).
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert