Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #46
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Murder of Roger Ackroyd
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #47
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Murder of Roger Ackroyd. I like most of her books but the Poirot & Tommy & Tuppence books are my favorites.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #48
Mosherix
Enthusiast
Mosherix doesn't litterMosherix doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad, PRS 300
I liked "Body in the Library" very much, but my favorite is "And then there were none".
Mosherix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #49
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
I remember liking Ten Little Indians a lot, when I was a kid, but that's about it.
Was it already called "Ten Little Indians" when you were a kid?

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #50
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I read most of these books when I was a pre-teen/teen. So, I don't remember much of the details. I do remember I like the Hercule Pirot books better than the Miss Marple books.

That said, if you like Agathat Christie there was a Dr. Who episode with "her" in it. It was pretty interesting... it attempted to explain why she disappeared for a short time and turned up at an institution.

(Sorry I don't know the name of the episode or if you can watch this show online. Maybe this web site will help.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #51
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I was always partial to Margaret Rutherford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyFSy...eature=related
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Seconded.
hm, i don't believe i've ever seen Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple. i will have to keep my eyes open for one of those films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
Was it already called "Ten Little Indians" when you were a kid?

- Ahi
i read it in french and it was a very old pocket edition called "dix petits nègres". it's been republished as "and then there were none" now. whatever the title, i'll never read it again, as i said, that's the only christie book which ever scared the pants off me, and once was already almost too much for my nerves. (i know, i know, i'm such a baby...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I read most of these books when I was a pre-teen/teen. So, I don't remember much of the details. I do remember I like the Hercule Pirot books better than the Miss Marple books.

That said, if you like Agathat Christie there was a Dr. Who episode with "her" in it. It was pretty interesting... it attempted to explain why she disappeared for a short time and turned up at an institution.

(Sorry I don't know the name of the episode or if you can watch this show online. Maybe this web site will help.)

BOb
i saw that episode, it was great. i like the episodes where they put a real person into the story.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #52
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, i don't believe i've ever seen Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple. i will have to keep my eyes open for one of those films.
Oh, you've missed a treat, Margaret Rutherford is Miss Marple for a lot of people (me included). She starred in four Miss Marple films - Murder She Said / Murder Ahoy / Murder at the Gallop / Murder Most Foul.

You can buy the DVD box-set quite cheap

Also, you did hear about the LOST Agatha Christie story that's being republished this weekened in a British Newspaper, didn't you?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #53
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Oh, you've missed a treat, Margaret Rutherford is Miss Marple for a lot of people (me included). She starred in four Miss Marple films - Murder She Said / Murder Ahoy / Murder at the Gallop / Murder Most Foul.

You can buy the DVD box-set quite cheap
i'll definitely be on the lookout !

Quote:
Also, you did hear about the LOST Agatha Christie story that's being republished this weekened in a British Newspaper, didn't you?
NO !!! which story ?? which newspaper ??? and most importantly, will it be available online ?????
Old 08-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #54
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Good info. I'll have to add these to my DVD's by email subscription queue.

BOb
Old 08-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #55
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:

NO !!! which story ?? which newspaper ??? and most importantly, will it be available online ?????
It's in the Daily Mail, I posted about it in the News Section yesterday https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54252.

But here it is online: starts where the text is BOLD (it's a Poirot mystery)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Cerberus.html

Enjoy
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #56
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
It's in the Daily Mail, I posted about it in the News Section yesterday https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54252.

But here it is online: starts where the text is BOLD (it's a Poirot mystery)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Cerberus.html

Enjoy
sheesh, i'm missing all kinds of stuff around here. must cut down on this "work" stuff, it's really interfering with my other activities. thank you for pointing it out to me ! i would have been really disappointed to miss it.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #57
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
...That said, if you like Agathat Christie there was a Dr. Who episode with "her" in it. It was pretty interesting... it attempted to explain why she disappeared for a short time and turned up at an institution.
Was it a Who dunnit??
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #58
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Was it a Who dunnit??
Yes, actually it was.

BOb
Old 08-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #59
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Was it a Who dunnit??
:groan: !!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #60
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
:groan: !!!!!!!
I totally missed that pun... until you posted this. Karma to the Sparrow punster!

BOb