Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-08-2023, 04:56 AM   #1
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Custom screen refresh on Hisense eink phones

The one thing missing for me using Koreader on Hisense A5 Pro and A9 is the ability to set the full screen refresh rate. From my understanding it's a driver issue - nobody has written a driver to control the refresh within Koreader.

Recently, I stumbled upon this app: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/h...uired.4483213/.

It's a refresh app for all Hisense devices. I got it to work on my A5 Pro following the instructions. I set a refresh every 1 operations for Koreader and it works great for refreshing every page turn. However, it also refreshes for every operation in the menus or the file browser.

Is there any way to transfer the screen refresh code from there into Koreader itself? It would be much more comfortable to control it from within the program - also to avoid the full refresh in menus. And having an app control global refresh is a bit overkill for me, as I only need it in my reading app.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 02:27 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
A link to the sources would be the first step.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 12:43 AM   #3
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It doesn't seem like the developers of that piece of software are active anymore. They have not replied in the thread.

Now the A5 Pro has a root available. Would this make it possible to somehow monitor and/or control the signals sent to the device/OS for a full screen refresh? Would that information then be useful for creating a driver?

I have no idea how these drivers are written and I'm not a developer or coder myself, but would be willing to run some tests if it's something that I could manage
Old 09-24-2023, 04:56 AM   #4
kandwo
Addict

So it seems that com.hmct.epd.EpdManager.forceClear is the function that calls the full refresh. And it can be triggered by adb command "adb shell service call epd 21". See here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/h.../post-89036219.

What kind of other values need to be found for there to be a working driver?

Is there a specific path one can take to find out such value/commands/etc?
Old 09-24-2023, 12:01 PM   #5
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...14&postcount=2
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hisense, koreader, refresh