Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
Riiyachan
Riiyachan began at the beginning.

Device: Purple EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Unhappy the screen just freezes at locked

I just got my new PP yesterday, and i've been playing around with it.everything was great then but somehow it refuses to open fb2 files, so ooh well... i guess its time to update it with the newest firmware...and thats when my problem began
I tried to open a pdf file but it frooze at the first page...none of the button works...so i tried the on/off button, instead of turning the device OFF it just put the screen on lock. And its been like that for the last couple hours, i tried to press the RESET button on the back and nothing....i even remove the battery.. it is still showing the same frozen screen (Keyboard locked press power key to unlock). So what to do now?should i put the battery back on and see what will happen? I dont understand why the screen didnt die after i removed the battery.
Riiyachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riiyachan View Post
I just got my new PP yesterday, and i've been playing around with it.everything was great then but somehow it refuses to open fb2 files, so ooh well... i guess its time to update it with the newest firmware...and thats when my problem began
I tried to open a pdf file but it frooze at the first page...none of the button works...so i tried the on/off button, instead of turning the device OFF it just put the screen on lock. And its been like that for the last couple hours, i tried to press the RESET button on the back and nothing....i even remove the battery.. it is still showing the same frozen screen (Keyboard locked press power key to unlock). So what to do now?should i put the battery back on and see what will happen? I dont understand why the screen didnt die after i removed the battery.
Lock is a short press of the power button.
Unlock by (you guessed it) , a short press of the power button.

Off is a long press (about 5 seconds) of the power button, while the keyboard is NOT locked.

Un-Freeze (apparent) can usually be accomplished by a really long press of the "Return (arrow)" key.
Reset should be reserved for when nothing else works.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
Riiyachan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Lock is a short press of the power button.
Unlock by (you guessed it) , a short press of the power button.

Off is a long press (about 5 seconds) of the power button, while the keyboard is NOT locked.

Un-Freeze (apparent) can usually be accomplished by a really long press of the "Return (arrow)" key.
Reset should be reserved for when nothing else works.
yes i did the long press and the really long press and then the reset then I removed the battery...nothing..

But when i put the battery back on for the 2nd time, everything is back to normal. even the problematic pdf work just fine .... not sure why or what really happened. Lets hope it wont happen again.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
You said you just got your PP yesterday, did you charge it for 12 full hours before you started checking things out.

Or at the very least, you have it plugged into the wall while you are checking things out.

The battery comes with just a minimal charge, you must charge it for 12 full hours.....

AJ

By the way, the dynamics of eink screens is that they do not need the battery to display the information, only to change. So whatever is on your screen when you take the battery out will remain until the battery is reinserted and a button is pressed to change the screen

Last edited by AJ Starr; 04-14-2010 at 01:17 PM.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
Riiyachan

yes i did the long recharge...more than 12 hrs actually
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
By the way, the dynamics of eink screens is that they do not need the battery to display the information, only to change. So whatever is on your screen when you take the battery out will remain until the battery is reinserted and a button is pressed to change the screen
ahh i see!!! good to know this for future reference. thanks!!!
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Welcome, Riiyachan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riiyachan View Post
yes i did the long recharge...more than 12 hrs actually

ahh i see!!! good to know this for future reference. thanks!!!
Dear Riiyachan:

Welcome to our forum. Thank you for posting. Thank you for purchasing an Astak!

I work for Astak and I am happy you are here.

You are already getting the benefit of this forum... expert advice from the members.

Yes, the E-Ink screen on your Astak does not require any power to display an image. Only when you turn the page will you use power (and of course if you play music). That is the magic of this type of screen. That is why you get very long battery charge time.

Do not forget to read the FAQ sheet on www.theEZreader.com/html under "support". This is MUST HAVE info!!

Do not forget your new device likely does not have the latest firmware upgrade! Look under "support" for Firmware Upgrade and follow the instructions on the FAQ sheet for Firmware Upgrades!! Choose only the latest upgrade for your device... not all of them.

Always always recharge the battery fully when the battery charge life meter gets to just below half!! Do not wait until it gets down to low, please!

Enjoy your reading. You can buy eBooks for your device at: www.MyEZread.com!!

Thank you!!

Last edited by Robertb; 04-14-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote