Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
Fritz571
Fritz571 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
No text in file preview

If I edit a book in the editor the file preview window shows nothing, I can change the file with in the book, but still nothing. I can see cover pages and some images. Also the same with read books.
Fritz571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That implies the Section files are not Valid xhtml

Did they appear under the Text section of the file browser?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
Fritz571
Fritz571 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I have removed the View & Edit Books icons from the menu. And will leave it at that.
May be another version will correct the problem. Thank You.
Fritz571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:47 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz571 View Post
I have removed the View & Edit Books icons from the menu. And will leave it at that.
May be another version will correct the problem. Thank You.
There IS NO PROBLEM for most users, therefore it must be something about your changed) configuration or system.

Don't believe me? Read these forum posts. Not ONE (recently) describes your issue.
What OS (and version)? Linux distros of Calibre tend to be outdated or tampered (we know better ) with
Old 09-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #5
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Well, maybe he forgot to select first a .html file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	caledit.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	158937  
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
Well, maybe he forgot to select first a .html file.
Good thinking DD.

I find it mildly 'irritating' that one gets 'emptiness' when one opens an existing file. I don't always have the file browser open, and my transcript texts often have a single xhtml file. I'd prefer the first text file be opened.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:31 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Good thinking DD.

I find it mildly 'irritating' that one gets 'emptiness' when one opens an existing file. I don't always have the file browser open, and my transcript texts often have a single xhtml file. I'd prefer the first text file be opened.

BR
I don't think this is the case. Post #1 says he sees the cover when he changes files.

Malformed xhtml is still my best guess
Old 10-10-2017, 02:11 PM   #8
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
This problem is usually caused when there is a missing ending tag or something similar. Run the Beautify Files command (from the top menu under Tools or there might be a Beautify Files button in the top menu bar), and that usually solves the problem. Beautify Files will usually fix all the missing tags and other similar errors in the HTML code.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote