Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 03-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #16
Talisman
Talisman began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakim View Post
Talisman, just read my first post...
please, add in first post:

xhost +
sudo ./demo.sh

Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #17
Talisman

Here:

Code:
ftp://66.246.229.102/incoming/SDK_V3/
login:
sdk@lbook.org
pass:
lbook
You can find:
Code:
File: crcrootfs_v3.tar.gz  	25406 KB  	8/6/2007  	12:00:00 AM
File: p1010013.jpg 	754 KB 	8/6/2007 	12:00:00 AM
File: v3sdk-1.0-with-toolchain.tar.gz 	68102 KB 	8/6/2007 	12:00:00 AM
File: v3sdk-1.0.tar.gz 	18816 KB 	8/6/2007 	12:00:00 AM
Old 03-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #18
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
please, add in first post:

xhost +
sudo ./demo.sh
sudo ./demo.sh was there from the beginning. I am using Ubuntu and it does work for me without "xhost +", so I don't see any point adding it.
hakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:20 AM   #19
Talisman

oh... sorry

0..9 => 0..9
y => Ok
n => Esc
< => preview page
> => next page
+ Shift = long push

2 moders: clear my offtop
Old 03-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #20
ottocol
ottocol began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
You will need to build new firmware image and flash it to the device.

BTW, there are utilities in our repository for this.
But I would need an image of the V3 filesystem to be able to modify it and generate the V3Update.bin. In the FTP server referenced by Talisman (thanks guy!) I have downloaded a crcrootfs_v3.tar.g that appears to be exactly this kind of stuff, BUT I would need the last firmware version, Is it possible to reverse the processs? from the V3Update.bin from Jinke, extract the files, update them and repackage them again.

By the other side I think openinkpot is a great idea, but is it workable right now? you have instructions on the web site for building the system, but I'm not talking about the bare system, but writing applications for it. have you planned a kind of an API for the developer? I assume you are not porting jinke applications but writing new ones, so your "SDK" would be a different one.
ottocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #21
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
> Is it possible to reverse the processs? from the V3Update.bin from Jinke, extract the files, update them and repackage them again.

Yes. Have a look at utils/mkv3update/scripts/firmware_unpack.sh

> but is it workable right now?

Not yet. You may build the firmware, but you'll get only bare system with X11 and without any graphical toolkit or X input method.

>have you planned a kind of an API for the developer?

It will be pretty standard Linux system, with X11, Enlightenment as GUI and any libraries you want (most of them are available from OpenEmbedded repository).
dottedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #22
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
It seems that Jin Ke finally released the source code! Take a look at http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...sourcecode.asp
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:48 AM   #23
ali_sade
Enthusiast
ali_sade began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700BC, Hanlin V3
Hi,
i am working on middle eastern support on V3, could you please point me to some documents on how to use the SDK from jinke?
ali_sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:53 AM   #24
ali_sade
Enthusiast
ali_sade began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700BC, Hanlin V3
I just found this:

http://translate.google.com/translat...sl=zh-CN&tl=en
ali_sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #25
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
I just hopefully turned to hanlin, becaus of the nerverending GPL violation of pocketbook (which Hardware I really like).
Can anybody give me a status from a developers view, if Hanlin now somehow supports the community better?
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #26
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
Have to correct myself a little, I think.
To what I know by now PocketBook is on the right way now...
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote