Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-13-2016, 09:02 AM   #1
pstjmack
Connoisseur
pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Android tablet
Blowback, my dark/weird/transgressive collection, now out on Kindle

"Blowback," the ebook edition of my first collection of dark/weird/transgressive fiction, is just out on the Kindle Store.

Here's what one reviewer said about the paperback edition:

"Worlds achingly familiar and eerily alien, the light of love coexisting with the darkest spasms of violent emotion and cruel detachment which may be found in the human spirit ... reads as though some mad literary alchemist threw Lucien Greaves, Banksy, and William S. Burroughs in a blender and hit 'liquify,' or perhaps discovered the suicide note one of Lovecraft's protagonists folded between the leaves of Beyond Good and Evil..."
"Shades of the crueler moments of the 'Metamorphoses' are evoked with an almost clinical languidness through the callous observations of the torments inflicted under the narrator's unblinking eye, as chilling as listening to a condemned serial killer linger lovingly over the details of their crimes ..."
"Mackintosh engages with the written word as a creative expression of some cleansing fire of the spirit, an act of atonement that builds rather than destroys, an orgasmic confession joining pain to redemption that instills a sense of almost voyeuristic guilt in the reader who will likely be unable to look away: perhaps fascinated, perhaps repulsed, perhaps changed... and certainly never bored."
- Nicholas Shipman, See The Elephant

See my Amazon Author Page for more details...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blowback cover.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	151605  

Last edited by pstjmack; 09-13-2016 at 11:31 AM.
pstjmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Hi and welcome.
Will look at the book page.

Looked at the book page.
No reviews and no signs leading to a paperback edition.

Oh and just for your information,
That review made me NOT want to read your book.
Your book description on the other hand did make me want to get the book.

No I didn't get it because it is way over my budget this month. Let me know if you have a sale.

Note: most people wouldn't click over if your words here turned them off.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 09-13-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
pstjmack
Connoisseur
pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Android tablet
Links updated, with thanks.

That said, the book is what it is - and won't be everybody's cup of tea. The reviewer is fairly accurate, and I'm not about to falsify what he said. Anyway, the full review is here (also now linked above). And the explanation for the title change between the two editions - all about Black Lives Matter - is here.
pstjmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstjmack View Post
Links updated, with thanks.

That said, the book is what it is - and won't be everybody's cup of tea. The reviewer is fairly accurate, and I'm not about to falsify what he said. Anyway, the full review is here (also now linked above). And the explanation for the title change between the two editions - all about Black Lives Matter - is here.
Thanks for the updated links.

Now my personal preference when authors are trying to promote themselves especially if they are new is to see a book description in their own words.
It was obvious the reviewer could write but can the author of the book comes to mind.
I wanted to see your words.
Like I said your description made me want to read your book. And I probably will eventually because your style seems to be my cup of tea. I see your reviewer is a fellow author. His book I wouldn't try because he is too purple in the review.

I am a finicky reader brought on by one too many bad new authors with all 5 star reviews.
For a bit there was a review service on a website: for every $5 an author was guaranteed a bunch of 5 star reviews.
Or in one case, an author that copied and pasted an editorial review to all his books.

Anyway, just my opinion. Keep up the good writing.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote