Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 01:45 PM   #7831
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Jim Butcher on the DF3 Skin Game Trailer at Poisoned Pen Bookstore

Jim Butcher on the DF3 Skin Game Trailer at Poisoned Pen Bookstore

Harry Dresden

Just a short ripped clip of Jim Butcher saying flattering things about us.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:02 PM   #7832
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool 19 Books to Read If You Love ‘The Dresden Files’ Series

19 Books to Read If You Love ‘The Dresden Files’ Series

Dead Things by Stephen Blackmoore
Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey
Something from the Nightside by Simon R. Green
Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry
Midnight Riot by Ben Aaronovitch
The Devil You Know by Mike Carey
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
Hounded by Kevin Hearne
Sweet Silver Blues by Glen Cook
The Dirty Streets of Heaven by Tad Williams
Fated by Benedict Jacka
Child of Fire by Harry Connolly
The Long Way Down by Craig Schaefer
Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris
Blood Price by Tanya Huff
Half-Resurrection Blues by Daniel José Older

Full article here

Last edited by alansplace; 10-18-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Advert
Old 10-19-2017, 01:12 PM   #7833
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
That looks like a very interesting list, thanks!
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:10 PM   #7834
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
That looks like a very interesting list, thanks!
Agreed.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:29 PM   #7835
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Thanks Alan, good list. I finished Codex Alera: Furies of the Calderon. Wonderful book! I'm on hold for the next book.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #7836
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I was going to start Maberry's Joe Ledger series a while back but got sidetracked (by the Magicians series IIRC). Anyone here read them? Looks like he has a couple of other short series and a long list of standalone titles too...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:24 PM   #7837
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The Magicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I was going to start Maberry's Joe Ledger series a while back but got sidetracked (by the Magicians series IIRC). Anyone here read them? Looks like he has a couple of other short series and a long list of standalone titles too...
If you mean The Magicians (3 Book Series) by Lev Grossman then yes, I've read the first one (The Magicians) and after finishing it was distracted away, but I am planning to eventually read the other two.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-20-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:40 AM   #7838
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
If you mean The Magicians (3 Book Series) by Lev Grossman then yes, I've read the first one (The Magicians) and after finishing it was distracted away, but I am planning to eventually read the other two.

Sorry, actually I meant Maberry.

Magicians wasn't great but IMO did get a bit better in books 2 & 3. I think Grossman was wise to not try to milk any more books out of it.

BTW I watched the 13 Dresden TV episodes over the summer. I thought it was decently done, despite ignoring almost all the characters in the books except Bob and Murphy and a couple of appearances by Bianca...
Old 10-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #7839
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
BTW I watched the 13 Dresden TV episodes over the summer. I thought it was decently done, despite ignoring almost all the characters in the books except Bob and Murphy and a couple of appearances by Bianca...
I don't even remember Bianca from the TV series. I remember Morgan, though.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:26 PM   #7840
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden TV episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Really! She was in 3 episodes.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:33 PM   #7841
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Really! She was in 3 episodes.

Well, I definitely know her as Myka, but nope, I don't remember her from Dresden.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #7842
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Oops - forgot to mention Morgan. Oh, and Justin sort of, though they inexplicably changed his name and made him Harry's uncle...

Edit> ...and a bit of Butters and Ancient Mai...

Last edited by cc_in_oh; 10-22-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:42 PM   #7843
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Real Magic: The Dresden Files

Real Magic: The Dresden Files

Esoterica

Published on Sep 23, 2017

An analysis of the occult basis for the magic of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, including the folklore, esoteric aspects, etc. While the Dresden Files are a work of fiction, the solid theory behind the magic inside it suggests Butcher really does his research.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:24 PM   #7844
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim Butcher - Start Acting Like An Idiot

Jim Butcher - Start Acting Like An Idiot

HiQuality LowLife

Published on Dec 22, 2015

Old 10-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #7845
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool New covers:The Alex Verus Series

New covers:The Alex Verus Series

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy