Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
AlanMc
Enthusiast
AlanMc began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ7
New eletroworld A700. Review coming later!

Processor: MIPS 500 MHz 32bit CPU
Screen size: 8.9-inch TFT, True Color, 1024 X600 pixels
Memory: 128MB DDR2 RAM
Storage: 2GB NAND Flash Memory
Operating System: Linux
Language: Chinese/English/German/French/Portuguese
Memory card slot supporting up to 32GB SD memory cards (support SDHC)
Wireless: supports WiFi 802.11b/g
Media Support: MPEG1/2/4,H.263,H.264,WMV9,RMVB
Audio: Build in Speaker & Microphone
Interface: 2×USB, 1×Mic-in, 1×Headphone-out, 1×Build in SD Card Reader
Weight: 720g
Color: Black
Battery: 5500mAH Lithium batteries
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3358.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	422.5 KB
ID:	45269  
AlanMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I look forward to your review. I have been looking at this device, but wanted to know more about it first.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
I have one to review too - but they sent it without a US charger so I can't recharge it.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Is this configured for big or little endian (see Endianess)?

All I really care about is whether FBReader is available. Over a year ago I saw a comment on FBReader's Google groups that there might be issues building it for a big-endian setup.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
The ebook reader on this device is definately FBReader. In fact, this device is really quite well put together, both hardware and software. If I could recharge it I would be able to finish my review.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 04:28 AM   #6
AlanMc
Enthusiast
AlanMc began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
The ebook reader on this device is definately FBReader. In fact, this device is really quite well put together, both hardware and software. If I could recharge it I would be able to finish my review.
You can use the multi plug like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	45328  
AlanMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #7
cbone
Enthusiast
cbone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Android phone, waiting for my Kno
About dang time! I've been waiting for this thing to ship forever! I just got an email about the group buy yesterday. How the heck did you guys get them so fast?!
cbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
cbone
Enthusiast
cbone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Android phone, waiting for my Kno
How are those reviews coming along?
cbone is offline   Reply With Quote