Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #31
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post

(3) Onyx Book 60 - from LibrisNova, white, with a cover (black or white, brown soon) no cool BeBook logo, for €299 plus €10 pre-order discount voucher (use code "Booxpreorder" at checkout).

http://www.elektronischlezen.nl/Webw...ginpagina.html
http://www.elektronischlezen.nl/Webw...ox-6-inch.html
No logo:
Cover included:

Good offer. Thanks for the link

Now I just have to keep telling myself: I have no money to spend... I have no money to spend... I have no money to spend...
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #32
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
No logo:
Cover included:

Now I just have to keep telling myself: I have no money to spend... I have no money to spend... I have no money to spend...
It won't work... it won't work...
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #33
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
No logo:
Cover included:

I've been looking at that site (in Dutch, naturally!) for over a month... And you don't want to know how often I've hovered over the checkout button...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #34
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Ah but if you forgo the BeBook you also forgo the wonderful help from us super nice Moderators over on the BeBook forum.

Be quiet Orwell.

Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #35
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Ah but if you forgo the BeBook you also forgo the wonderful help from us super nice Moderators over on the BeBook forum.

AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #36
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Be quiet Orwell.

But those nice moderators give me a cover then?

I personally find it a mistake to not include a cover. Especially as you can get the device at another location for exactly the same price, but with a cover...

(and I already have a Mini!)
Old 02-04-2010, 06:23 AM   #37
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
But those nice moderators give me a cover then?

I personally find it a mistake to not include a cover. Especially as you can get the device at another location for exactly the same price, but with a cover...

(and I already have a Mini!)
Yes, the lack of a cover is very perplexing.

I have to assume the folks over at BeBook support read their forums (I know they respond quite often to queries, so they must) and they must know the cover is a critical piece of the device for 99% of users.

A big plus when I bought my BeBook was that it came with a cover. And not just any cover but a sturdy leather cover - it was attractive as well as providing excellent protection. A major factor when I bought BeBook was that, at the time, the best competing device for me was the CyBook, which had two versions - one about the same price as BeBook but without a cover (and supporting less formats) and a "luxury" edition that came with a cover.

This ticked me off, as the cover seemed essential and having to pay more for this necessary component convinced me to go BeBook (along with the wider format support, of course).

When BeBook mini came out there were numerous user outcries about not having a cover, especially when the Astak EZ Reader came out shortly thereafter, including a cover! So clearly there was a cover for the device but BeBook made some kind of management decision to not include it.

And now the Neo - again there are other versions of the clone OEM device, that already include a cover, but BeBook is not going to. I'm guessing maybe since they re-brand and box them as BeBook, perhaps they buy them by the crate in shrink-wrap or something, but I'm assuming they could also by crates of covers, or buy them in crates already in covers?

Anyway, obviously no lessons learned from the Mini experience over at BeBook, which is a pity, because as far as customer support goes they are better than most other eBook reader companies (still not perfect, but I have responses to all my queries, and they tend to reply to forum queries, even if slowly sometimes).

Quote:

Be quiet Orwell.
All jokes aside, I do miss the BeBook forum now that I use my PB360 more than my BeBook - I still pop over from time to time and answer a few queries if I can. BeBook (Hanlin V3) is a great device - many formats supported, and using some of the latest Tirwal or LBook firmwares really gets a lot out of the device. Haven't used a Mini but I'm guessing the V5 clones are just as good. I went to PB360 because of the compact design and good format support. I love CoolReader on the BeBook, and never liked FBReader, but the FBReader on the PB360 is awesome!

Since the Neo announcement I have spent more time over there, and even if I buy an Onyx the BeBook forum is a good place to get help and exchange ideas on the same device. Perhaps I'll have to let the iPad hysteria die down and then I'll see the light!

Last edited by orwell2k; 02-04-2010 at 06:29 AM.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #38
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
When BeBook mini came out there were numerous user outcries about not having a cover, especially when the Astak EZ Reader came out shortly thereafter, including a cover! So clearly there was a cover for the device but BeBook made some kind of management decision to not include it.

And now the Neo - again there are other versions of the clone OEM device, that already include a cover, but BeBook is not going to. I'm guessing maybe since they re-brand and box them as BeBook, perhaps they buy them by the crate in shrink-wrap or something, but I'm assuming they could also by crates of covers, or buy them in crates already in covers?

Anyway, obviously no lessons learned from the Mini experience over at BeBook, which is a pity, because as far as customer support goes they are better than most other eBook reader companies (still not perfect, but I have responses to all my queries, and they tend to reply to forum queries, even if slowly sometimes).
I once made the calculations. If I ordered from Astak, I would have saved about €10. But the cover I have now is worth absolutely more than €10.

But with the Neo, I can order a Boox for €299 + €9 (S/H). That includes a cover, and an adapter...

The Neo is €299 + €9,95 (S/H), without cover and adapter (the last I don't mind too much). And no availability for a cover right away. Which will probably also cost about €30 (the same as for the Mini and One).
Old 02-04-2010, 06:46 AM   #39
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Yes, the lack of a cover is very perplexing.

I have to assume the folks over at BeBook support read their forums (I know they respond quite often to queries, so they must) and they must know the cover is a critical piece of the device for 99% of users.

Since the Neo announcement I have spent more time over there, and even if I buy an Onyx the BeBook forum is a good place to get help and exchange ideas on the same device. Perhaps I'll have to let the iPad hysteria die down and then I'll see the light!
I wouldn't buy one from Bebook until they offer a cover (even if only seperately) - at least not when I can get it elsewhere at about the same price, with a cover. In any case, I'll still wait for the hands-on and opinions.

As for the iPad, I'll wait and see, too, but if it's rather like a big iPhone/Ipod Touch, then I'm not sure I would like it at all. I'm not sure if it would add enough value - especially not at that price. It's just like the iPhone; it's a just bit too expensive to be worth it. A colour screen would be nice, but I'd rather wait until I can get a device I can read European sized comics on - like my Asterix collection
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #40
DBooks
DBooks began at the beginning.

Device: ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
Does anybody have any pricing/availability information on the D9 featured on that site? I mean the DittoBook site.
Hey the D9 is finishing up the prototyping stage at the moment. As it stands, pricing is at $459 and will be available in mid-March.
DBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #41
DBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Can someone please tell me what will be any differences between the DittoBook and the Neo versions?
Also will anything at all be better with the Neo over the Onyx Boox?
While we are using hardware from Onyx, we are using our own software. There are a few things in the pipelines in terms of being able to have something unique.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #42
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBooks View Post
Hey the D9 is finishing up the prototyping stage at the moment. As it stands, pricing is at $459 and will be available in mid-March.
Is the D9 Onyx hardware, an OEM or your own custom build
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #43
DBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpn Jack Flash View Post
Is the D9 Onyx hardware, an OEM or your own custom build
The D9 is our own design.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:10 AM   #44
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Can you please tell me how much the D9 will weigh?
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:14 AM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have a Neo on pre-order, but it makes me cringe to see the publicity photos for it showing it stuck on the outside of a backpack - without a cover. The cover is essential, IMHO.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote