Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
ChrisDolley
Author
ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: none
Thumbs up Hi from another author/reader

Hello All,

I’m an English author living in deepest, darkest Normandy with a frightening number of four-legged animals. I’ve had a couple of books – Resonance and Shift – published by Baen. Resonance is now available as a free download (DRM-free and in all the best formats) from my website and the Baen Free Library.

I’ve recently joined the Book View Cafe author co-operative and plan to release a number of books through them this coming year.

Currently, I’m wrestling with the conversion of my ‘CSI with magic’ eNovelette from Word to mobi. For days Mobipocket Creator insisted on ignoring my Word 97 and trying to use the 3 month free trial version of Word 2007 that I had pre-loaded with the computer and have neither activated nor used. In the end I had to delete all mentions of Word 2007 and bury them in the field next door.

Now I’m trying to figure out why my cover won’t load. And finding useful tips on this forum.

Good to be here.

Chris

www.chris-dolley.com
ChrisDolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Welcome to MR!

Always nice to get aquainted with the people who supplies the "fuel" for our e-readers!

I'm sure you will get lots of help and tips around here!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Chris.

Check out our "Writers Corner" and meet some new friends.

Enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi Chris,

I really liked Resonance and Shift. Welcome to Mobileread!

Do ask in the Mobipocket forum if you need any help with getting the book formatted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDolley View Post
I’ve had a couple of books – Resonance and Shift – published by Baen.
[...]
Currently, I’m wrestling with the conversion of my ‘CSI with magic’ eNovelette from Word to mobi.
[...]
Now I’m trying to figure out why my cover won’t load. And finding useful tips on this forum.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Chris and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDolley View Post
In the end I had to delete all mentions of Word 2007 and bury them in the field next door.
That's what I've been trying to figure out how to do.

Welcome to MR, Chris

We love to support author members who participate in our forums (especially those who put their books up in a wide variety of formats). Since it sounds like you have already been viewing some threads, have fun and jump in with questions if you want more information. A friendly forum member will jump in with an answer or point you in the right direction.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:46 AM   #7
ChrisDolley
Author
ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ChrisDolley writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: none
And thank you all for the warm welcome. Especially glad to hear that you liked Resonance and Shift, Paul.

I'll definitely be asking for help on the boards. I'm designing the cover to go with my 'CSI with Magic' story at the moment and I think I'll set up a poll to help me choose which version to go with.

Last edited by ChrisDolley; 12-18-2009 at 03:48 AM.
ChrisDolley is offline   Reply With Quote