Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
pope_a
pope_a began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600 Touch
Sony Ebook Library

I am being forced to use the Sony Ebook library as I am having trouble with Calibre seeing my reader (Windows problem not Calibre).

I convert my books with Calibre but when I load them into the Sony library the title shown sometimes changes from the title I have in in the file name and in the metadata.

I would like to have my titles in the same format, with SF some titles include a series name and some not depending who originally created them. Calibre lets me do this but it doesn't move over when I transfer them with the sony library

Anyone know how to ensure I get the title I want on my reader or how to change it in the sony library
pope_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
pope_a
pope_a began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600 Touch
Don't worry about my post, I've now got a work round using a flash drive for my library and my laptop for the download to my reader.
The laptop is too old and under powered to use normally but at least I get to use calibre
pope_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
One thing to remember is that when you edit metadata in Calibre it isn't modifying the ebooks files. It is storing it in it's database.

So, if you want an ebook file with that metadata you have to use the "Send to Reader" or "Save to Disk" feature. If calibre won't see your reader you can use the "Save to Disk" function to put it on your reader. Granted, calibre won't create collections that way.

Or, you can do a "Save to Disk" and then import it into the Sony library. That should get you your updated metadata.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote