Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
romi
CyBook Gen3 fan
romi began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Stuck / dead pixel?

Hi everyone,

I noticed a tiny black dot at the lower third of my new CyBook Gen3 and wonder if this is normal, whether anyone has had this, whether there are prior experiences of warranty / replacements in this case?

It's not too bad, but if you're a perfectionist like me just start seeing just that one pixel and that drives you nuts. I had one on my iPhone last year and Apple replaced the whole iPhone. Zero tolerance policy due to the small size of the display. They don't replace MacBooks with dead pixels for instance.

Thanks,
romi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'd email Bookeen. I haven't come across other reports, so it sounds like a rare problem that they should fix under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi View Post
Hi everyone,

I noticed a tiny black dot at the lower third of my new CyBook Gen3 and wonder if this is normal, whether anyone has had this, whether there are prior experiences of warranty / replacements in this case?

It's not too bad, but if you're a perfectionist like me just start seeing just that one pixel and that drives you nuts. I had one on my iPhone last year and Apple replaced the whole iPhone. Zero tolerance policy due to the small size of the display. They don't replace MacBooks with dead pixels for instance.

Thanks,
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
romi
CyBook Gen3 fan

Thank you.

Actually it's an inverted pixel, so when the area is supposed to be all black, it turns white. Peculiar though that it's on even when the device is turned off. I'm waiting for an answer from bookeen. I wrote to their support@bookeen.com address a few days ago.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Ho it's a funny thing
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:23 AM   #5
romi
CyBook Gen3 fan

Well, it's been a week now. No answer. My e-mail was actually very courteous, too.
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
discourse
Connoisseur
discourse has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, iPad 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by romi View Post
Well, it's been a week now. No answer. My e-mail was actually very courteous, too.
You will get a faster response if you call them after emailing them some pics of the problem. Their number is available somewhere on this forum.
discourse is offline   Reply With Quote