Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 03:54 AM   #1
nico
nico began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Question show pdf online

Hi dear forum users,
we just bought a prs 505 which we wanted to use as a device to show barcodes which can be scanned with a laser scanner. As the contrast of a normal LCD is to low a laser scanner will only work with e - paper. The barcodes are generated on a win-xp pc and can be released to a printer or a pdf file. Now I need to show this pdf file automaticly on the e-book.
I tried calibra and manged to save the pdf on the e-book but I have to remove the usb cable and then cal the pdf again from the main menu. Is there any way to show a pdf or picture directly on the display without unplugging the usb cable.

Thank in advance..
kind regrads Nico.
nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Short answer: No

Certainly not the Sony. I don't know about other devices though, so while I'd expect them to show similar behaviour, maybe someone knows different?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
display usb prs 505