Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
LRFs from converted PDFs are blank

I've downloaded 8 comics in PDF form, from teh same company, which I then turned into lrf using Calibre's default settings. 6 of them translated fine, but two are blank apart from the "watermark" information the publisher puts on them (basically the name of the person who bought them and an order number).

It also happens if I try to convert them to epub.

Anyone got any ideas why this might be happening? And more importantly, how to get it to convert these two!

I'm using the latest version of calibre on Mac OS X
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I've downloaded 8 comics in PDF form, from teh same company, which I then turned into lrf using Calibre's default settings. 6 of them translated fine, but two are blank apart from the "watermark" information the publisher puts on them (basically the name of the person who bought them and an order number).

It also happens if I try to convert them to epub.

Anyone got any ideas why this might be happening? And more importantly, how to get it to convert these two!

I'm using the latest version of calibre on Mac OS X
This is a know issue calibre reflows the text, and drops images in the reflow. Since your comic books are pictures they are getting dropped. I recoomend you use , PDFLRF, PaperCrop, or PDFRead to view the comcis.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
This is a know issue calibre reflows the text, and drops images in the reflow. Since your comic books are pictures they are getting dropped. I recoomend you use , PDFLRF, PaperCrop, or PDFRead to view the comcis.

=X=
Ahh thanks! I wonder what's different about the other 6 as they convert OK, text and pictures? Ahh well, not fussed enough to bother about right now
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote