Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #1
kerbis
kerbis began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Anyway to get Sub-Collections if not suggestions to manage library?

I have searched around a little bit but I can't seem to find something that works for that function. I have looked at LibrarianSync thread and it seems sub-collections don't work in LibrarianSync since an earlier firmware. Collection Manager isn't really usable because the screen does not refresh when running it . Some of the ui refreshes for the button if I press around and press where the button is at. The names of things don't show up at all.

PW3 5.7.4 firmware

I would like to be able to create something like a Textbook collection with subject sub collections and make it hidden from home if possible.

I'm not sure how to organize a library on the paperwhite without it. It seems really messy to keep a few hundred books on it with the organization available standard.
kerbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:18 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Tell Amazon, we can't do anything about nested collections.

They re-purposed the database field previously used to indicate a nested collection to now indicate "on cloud" items.
Their design change, not ours.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
kerbis
kerbis began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
ahh I see. I had a little hope that something may have been figured out since the post I had read where the functionality wasn't working anymore.

Amazon sure likes their stranglehold. I will figure something out. Thank you.
kerbis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, nesting, pw3