Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #226
savbeowulf
Enthusiast
savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Ivory
I just ordered one in Ivory can't wait for it to turn up!
savbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #227
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post

PM Sent with link to info requested
And a big thank you to Jim.

I have all the information I need and will be able to add the Aura HD with not problems. I'll prepare a test driver later today for anyone who is willing to be a guinea pig. If you want to try it, send me a PM rather than cluttering the thread.

Last edited by davidfor; 04-19-2013 at 10:45 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #228
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why doesn't Kobo's website allow the Aura HD to by purchased via PayPal? I don't want to be a foreign transaction fee.
Because they are smart.. LOL.. PayPal has their problems.. credit card more simple and trouble free.. PayPal is for alot of people who have bad credit and deposit money on PayPal account so they can charge/Debit on PayPal because of not being able to obtain a Credit Card.. the Merchant fees for PayPal are higher then Credit Cards.. not to mention the problems... just my two cents..

Last edited by MrDoug; 04-20-2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Speling.
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #229
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
One of my sisters got hers today as well. The joys of living in Toronto when Kobo devices ship from Mississauga!

I haven't ordered mine yet because right now they're not accepting gift cards on pre-orders. Hopefully that will change when it moves out of the pre-order phase.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #230
tnforpaul45
Zealot
tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DX
Dear Kobo,

I'm so proud of you. You have a device now that will lure away the Paperwhite peeps.

Now....start making those publishing partnerships

Sincerely,

TNforPaul45
tnforpaul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #231
tnforpaul45
Zealot
tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DX
Wait are the Aura's already shipping?!?!?!
tnforpaul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #232
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnforpaul45 View Post
Wait are the Aura's already shipping?!?!?!
Yes...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #233
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2720 View Post
congrats kikar..nothing for me yet...did you see a charge on your card before the email that it was shipped?
Yeah. I saw the charge Thursday (I ordered it on Tuesday) and they sent the shipping info Friday evening. It was just picked up in Hong Kong according to FedEx and should be here on Tuesday. Now the waiting game starts over......
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #234
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why doesn't Kobo's website allow the Aura HD to by purchased via PayPal? I don't want to be a foreign transaction fee.
I have a idea for you so you can save on that foreign transaction fee.. Hop in your car and drive up to Canada.. Oh wait.. That won't work cause you will probably get stuck paying a import or duty fee... Darn..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #235
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I just dropped by the local Chapters store to see the new Aura, all ready to plunk down $170 and upgrade from my KT. They had it out on display, along with a couple of Kobo reps to help explain it. The screen looks good. The extra 0.8" makes a significant difference. Great! Only... I was disappointed as soon as I picked it up. The hard slick plastic surface (front and back) is terrible. I don't know what Kobo was thinking. It's by far the worst of any of the e-readers, from Kobo or anyone else. To go from the nice quilted back and soft-coated grippy surface of my black KT to this cheap-feeling hard plastic would be unthinkable. The rep suggested that everyone would probably use it with a cover, so it wouldn't matter. But I don't use a cover. Sadly, the Aura is not for me. I guess I'll wait for the Glo to go on sale.
The hard plastic back cover reminds me of smartphone or tablet cover, so I am not concerned about it.

It's the larger screen I am more looking forward to.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:57 AM   #236
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar View Post
Yeah. I saw the charge Thursday (I ordered it on Tuesday) and they sent the shipping info Friday evening. It was just picked up in Hong Kong according to FedEx and should be here on Tuesday. Now the waiting game starts over......
That's encouraging. I ordered on Tuesday but no shipping notice for me.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:33 AM   #237
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
My lucky neighbors up north who have already received their Auras, what are your thoughts and opinions so far?
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #238
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Interestingly, Collins Books is not listed on the Aura's Where To Buy page.

Since they were Kobo's Australian distributor when the Glo came out, has there been a change of distributor down here?

I thought I saw an Australia price quoted somewhere, as well as availability, but can't seem to find the post...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #239
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
gizmode state it will be $AU219.99 but they don't have a release date. One of the early posts says "begin in May" for international availability.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #240
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar View Post
My lucky neighbors up north who have already received their Auras, what are your thoughts and opinions so far?
I posted my thoughts here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...67&postcount=6

(I hope I linked that correctly).

S
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote