Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Cover for Kobo Touch

I've recently bought a Touch and am looking for a nice leather cover that fits the reader perfectly, no generic covers. I'm used to the Sony covers that fit their readers well and are slim and protective so I'd like the same for my Touch .... if it exists. I don't like the covers attached by pieces of elastic or the bulky cases that cover the bezel. I do like the official cover for the Kindle Paperwhite but don't really need the "sleep" function. Even the Glo sleep cover doesn't look as though it fits the reader properly, it looks far larger than the reader, so I wouldn't want it even if I had a Glo. Can anybody suggest a cover that fits the Touch ... is there even an official cover available to buy? Any suggestions appreciated.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Go and see the Skindigital web site, I got a couple of covers from them and I really love them
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Tacty
Zealot
Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One/Kobo Touch/iPad3
i dont know what do you mean by official, but i took this one...cover as well as stand which could be nice...1.99 pounds on ebay
Tacty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
i dont know what do you mean by official, but i took this one...cover as well as stand which could be nice...1.99 pounds on ebay
What I mean by official is that it is purpose made for the Touch. I already have a cover similar to this one and it makes the Touch twice the thickness of my Sony 650 with the cover on. I'm looking for a cover that is slim and fits the device without hiding the bezel and adding extra bulk and weight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	574.0 KB
ID:	95646  
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
Lyn2012
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
Go and see the Skindigital web site, I got a couple of covers from them and I really love them
Thanks for the input, I have been to their website and they do have lovely coloured cases, and they say they are real leather, but still too bulky so not what I'm looking for. When this method is used to secure the case to the reader it adds at least one, maybe two, extra layers of thickness. I have my Sony and Kobo with covers on side by side and the Kobo is at least 50% thicker than the Sony even though the readers themselves are virtually the same thickness - 10mm vs 9.6 mm.

Even Kindle have produced a lovely slim case for the new Paperwhite so I will be very disappointed if Kobo haven't managed to do the same. I love using the Touch naked but these horrible cases are spoiling the reading experience for me.
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
RoGuE_StreaK
RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Kobo Touch
I like the Touch the way it is, so just store it in a pouch with a plate of cardboard at the front to protect the screen (actually the internal cardboard of the product box). What's the point of the quilted back if you aren't feeling it?

What I'd like to see would be a hard panel that snapped to the front, essentially a mirror of the rear panel. The Touch doesn't have magnetic points like the Glo does it?
Ideally they'd make a future version that had the back panel swivel around and clip to the front for protection; open it and swivel/snap to the back for reading, keeping the "naked" feel...
RoGuE_StreaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:09 AM   #7
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGuE_StreaK View Post
I like the Touch the way it is, so just store it in a pouch with a plate of cardboard at the front to protect the screen (actually the internal cardboard of the product box). What's the point of the quilted back if you aren't feeling it?
I completely agree. I currently keep my Touch in a book-style cover (which I don't like as it doesn't protect the sides) with the four elastic attachers, but I always take it out to read. Any cover just makes the thing too heavy and less comfortable to read. The device itself is so nicely designed and so comfortable to hold. It would be a shame mess that up by putting a permanent cover around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGuE_StreaK View Post
What I'd like to see would be a hard panel that snapped to the front, essentially a mirror of the rear panel. The Touch doesn't have magnetic points like the Glo does it?
Ideally they'd make a future version that had the back panel swivel around and clip to the front for protection; open it and swivel/snap to the back for reading, keeping the "naked" feel...
That's a really nice idea!!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #8
Lyn2012
Addict

I usually read without a cover when at home, but when I'm travelling I like a cover that's attached to the reader and isn't going to fall on the floor while juggling suitcase, handbag, phone etc. Also my handbag is usually full of travel documents, purse, phone, etc and the bulky case I have at the moment doesn't fit in the bag as easily as the Sony does.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
I usually read without a cover when at home, but when I'm travelling I like a cover that's attached to the reader and isn't going to fall on the floor while juggling suitcase, handbag, phone etc. Also my handbag is usually full of travel documents, purse, phone, etc and the bulky case I have at the moment doesn't fit in the bag as easily as the Sony does.
Understandable. Do you have a picture or a link to picture of the Sony case you're talking about, so we can get an idea of how thin you'd like the case to be?

You could always make your own
Old 11-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
Tacty
Zealot
Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One/Kobo Touch/iPad3
in fact i dont like covers as well...but, since i'm dragging kobo with me all the time, and every once in a while someting is a threat to kobo at home (including dust and flying objects), at the end of the day i leave the kobo in cover. it is annoying to pull it out and pull it back all the time...i know, i'm lazy, but it's a drag...
Tacty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #11
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Lyn, maybe you'd like the Speck covers. They're designed to fit around the reader, no straps or anythnig: http://www.speckproducts.com/ereader-cases.html

Unfortunately, they only still seem to have cases for Kindle and Nook. They used to have Kobo cases too, but that page has gone missing for some reason. You might be able to find some Speck cases for Kobo elsewhere though. Here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Products.../dp/B0065GAU5S
Old 11-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #12
Lyn2012
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Understandable. Do you have a picture or a link to picture of the Sony case you're talking about, so we can get an idea of how thin you'd like the case to be?
Please see post no 4 where I tried to compare my Kobo and Sony in cases.

Quote:
Lyn, maybe you'd like the Speck covers. They're designed to fit around the reader, no straps or anythnig: http://www.speckproducts.com/ereader-cases.html

Unfortunately, they only still seem to have cases for Kindle and Nook. They used to have Kobo cases too, but that page has gone missing for some reason. You might be able to find some Speck cases for Kobo elsewhere though. Here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Products.../dp/B0065GAU5S
These cases look to be just what I'm looking for, thank you. Now to find out if they're available for the Kobo Touch, preferably in the UK.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #13
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Lyn, here's another brand of the same kind of slimfit cover that *is* available: http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-touc...fit-cover.html
Old 11-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #14
Lyn2012
Addict

Quote:
Lyn, here's another brand of the same kind of slimfit cover that *is* available: http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-touc...fit-cover.html
Thank you Mrs_Often, this is another great cover. The colours are a disappointment though as I'm looking for purple or pink. I might have to compromise in the end as I can't find the Speck cover.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Yep you're right. I've had another look around specifically for purple and pink... And you're going to have to choose: it's either purple/pink but a slightly more bulky cover (loads on ebay); or it's a slimfit case with boring colours... good luck choosing!