Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Choose reader application per file - handling of very large epub files

Hi everyone,

is it possible to choose your ebook reader application on a per file basis, instead of deriving it from the overall default settings?

Generally, my preferred application for epub files is fbreader, but I have a few very large files (about 100 MB) that don't open in fbreader. However, they perform very well in pdfreader.
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
Hi everyone,

is it possible to choose your ebook reader application on a per file basis, instead of deriving it from the overall default settings?

Generally, my preferred application for epub files is fbreader, but I have a few very large files (about 100 MB) that don't open in fbreader. However, they perform very well in pdfreader.
Make a zipped archive of these smaller epubs and change the preferred applications setup. Fbreader is capable of reading zipped files but pdfreader is not, so set the fb2 setting to "Fbreader" and leave the ePub setting at pdfreader.

@clark: you're welcome, not at all.

Last edited by janek; 06-17-2012 at 06:32 PM.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
Make a zipped archive of these smaller epubs and change the preferred applications setup. Fbreader is capable of reading zipped files but pdfreader is not, so set the fb2 setting to "Fbreader" and leave the ePub setting at pdfreader.
I get the idea ...
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote