Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
No TOC in mobi

[Note: I posted this in the Mobi e-Books Section also.]

I converted an epub to mobi and viewed it in Kindle Preview. I am told I have no Table of Contents. But I do have the NCX View which shows the TOC accurately. I read the Kindle Publishing Guidelines. The TOC section only refers to media in the document. This file has no video or audio.

Am I missing something? Is there more work ahead for me?

Thanks - Fabe

I am reading another post with the same problem...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	No TOC.png
Views:	213
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	81716  

Last edited by Fabe; 01-26-2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Found similar post
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If I read the messages around the forum correctly, it depends on you method of conversion. If you use Calibre, a TOC will be created. If you use Kindlegen not. In that case you have to create a XHTML file with a TOC. Kindlegen cannot use the NCX.

At least, that is what I understood. I don't work with kindle documents myself.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
If I read the messages around the forum correctly, it depends on you method of conversion. If you use Calibre, a TOC will be created. If you use Kindlegen not. In that case you have to create a XHTML file with a TOC. Kindlegen cannot use the NCX.

At least, that is what I understood. I don't work with kindle documents myself.
Kindlegen definitely uses the NCX... it just doesn't automatically build an xhtml TOC from the NCX.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
And learned something again!
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:00 AM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Fabe: I just posted about this in reply to the other poster: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...48#post1943548

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert