Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
FREE B&N $10 EGift Card With $100 Gift Card Purchase

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/gift-c...?cds2Pid=35949

Terms here:

Quote:
FREE $10 EGIFT CARD PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Earn a Free $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card with purchase of $100.00 worth of Gift Cards and/or Barnes & Noble eGift Cards at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is valid on purchases of Gift Cards and/or eGift Cards totaling $100.00 in value in a single transaction only at Barnes & Noble.com. This offer is also valid on purchases of customized Barnes & Noble Gift Cards totaling $100.00 in value in a single transaction initiated through links on Barnes & Noble.com and processed and fulfilled by Cardways.com. This offer can be redeemed once per customer and per billing address. Your qualifying Gift Card or eGift Card purchase must be made by December 6, 2010 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time. Such purchase must not be returned for any reason. The value of your qualifying Gift Card and/or eGift Card purchase must total at least $100.00 before tax to qualify. The $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGIft Card will be awarded based on Gift Card and/or eGift Card purchase total of $100.00 only; sales tax, gift wrap, processing charges, shipping and handling charges, or any additional charges will not count towards the purchase minimum amount of $100.00. The $10.00 eGift Card will be delivered via email to you on December 26, 2010 to the email address associated with your $100.00 BN.com Gift Card / eGift Card purchase on Barnes & Noble.com. In order to take advantage of this offer, customers must have a valid bn.com account with a credit card on file. For those who do not have a bn.com account, please follow the prompts to create an account for free.

Additional Rules Governing this Promotion: This promotion is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents; (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) may not be combined with any other promotion; and (iv) not valid for purchases made at any B. Dalton Bookseller store, at any store owned or operated by Barnes & Noble College Bookstores, or at Barnes & Noble retail stores. Void where prohibited by law.

Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Returns or cancellations of qualifying Gift Cards or eGift Cards may result in forfeiture of the $10.00 Promotional eGift Card.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
sweet, especially if you stack it with a 5% off book purchases (like Citi Forward) for an effective 15% off.
Waba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #3
esquire415
Enthusiast
esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 7" Notion Ink Adam
Hmmm...you can create two accounts with different address so you can get two $10 egift cards. The 2 $100 gc you send to yourself can be used to buy a new Nook Color and then when you receive the two $10 egift cards, you can buy eBooks with it. If you use Discover Card you can even get 10% cashback. If you dont have Discover, use eBates for 8% cashback. This would be enough to offset the tax, especially in CA. This is the only way to get a discount for the Nook Color, I have not found and coupons for it.
esquire415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know if that will work with different accounts or not, but I went through Ebates, too. The 8% thing is only temporary with double cashback; their usual rebate is 4%. But this is a really good way to do it even if you only buy books from them because you can just get the big rebate at the time of buying the certificate and don't have to bother with going through them for each book.

Also, apparently they do not send out gift cards over the weekend. I ordered mine early Saturday morning and didn't get it until Monday afternoon! I didn't even get the notice about getting the free $10.00 gift card until yesterday. When ordering the gift card they do not say anything about the free $10.00 card. Sheesh.

Also to be clear about this, there is only one free $10.00 card per person, per card ordered over $100.00. So even if you order a $200.00 card or two $100.00 cards, you will only get the one $10.00 gift card.

This is going to be expire on 12/6.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
If you open a BN MasterCard, you get a $25 gift card after the first purchase. Plus all your BN purchases on the card get a 5 percent credit. Other purchases accumulate rewards points (1 point for each dollar).
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 01:36 AM   #6
esquire415
Enthusiast
esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ Nightbird

You are right. They are limiting the $100 gift cards to only one per billing address. So if you want to buy 2 $100 gc, it's not possible to get 2 free $10 egift cards, unless you have another CC that has a different billing address. I just found out that the Nook and gift certificates are not qualified for the 10% cashback at ShopDiscover which sucks. But BigCrumbs currently gives 9.6% cashback, even more than Ebates. Oh how I miss Bing who gave even bigger cashback and I can double dip with BC or eBates.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
SoManyBooks
SoManyBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & NookColor
It might be worth checking with your local B&N store because ours at least is promoting the cards as 1 per every $100. spent. I bought 2 Nook Colors last week they had me buy a $500. gift card to pay for the Nooks so that I would get $50. back in gift cards. The clerk mistakenly thought I'd be able to use the $50. in gift cards right away to save money on the Nooks, but they're not valid until 12/26/10. Nevertheless, I now have $50. in "free" books to look forward to.
SoManyBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBooks View Post
It might be worth checking with your local B&N store because ours at least is promoting the cards as 1 per every $100. spent. I bought 2 Nook Colors last week they had me buy a $500. gift card to pay for the Nooks so that I would get $50. back in gift cards. The clerk mistakenly thought I'd be able to use the $50. in gift cards right away to save money on the Nooks, but they're not valid until 12/26/10. Nevertheless, I now have $50. in "free" books to look forward to.
Thank you! I had already bought the $100 gift card online and figured I was out of luck in regard to purchasing two Nooks with another $300 worth. Ran over to my B&N today and have the gift cards plus bonus in my sweaty hands. So I now have $30 in free books for me, post Christmas. Or I could enclose them with the gift Nooks.... Nah!

I'm going to order them online, though, through Mr. Rebates.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
NightBird
Wizard

Yes, my post was only about their online deal, and these stores often seem to have different deals in the store. Glad you all were able to get those!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:16 AM   #10
esquire415
Enthusiast

I bought 2 $100 Gift cards using two different cards, each has a different billing address (one at home and the other at work). I went thru BigCrumbs to get a whopping 9.6% cashback on each purchase. I am able to receive 2 $10 eGift cards. Then I used the $200 total GC to pay for a $272.66 (CA tax is 9.5%) Nook Color also going thru BigCrumbs' 9.6% cashback. So far my cashback from the GC purchased has appeared in my BigCrumbs account but not yet for my Nook Color purchase.

This is the only way for one to get a great deal on the Nook Color (unless you buy it on eBay for $240 or so with no tax and free shipping) because currently there are no coupons or rebates available. If all planets are in alignment...my total purchase should amount to $207.29 though I don't get my cashback from BigCrumbs until Feb. 15th.

A few months from now when the Triton, Mirasol, or Liquavista version of the Nook Color comes out, the LCD version should come down in price by $50.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
esquire415
Enthusiast

Incidentally, as soon as I bought the Nook Color on December 8. A deal came out hours later at Rewards Runner for a 15% off on the Nook Color, 20% off on the Nook, and 30% off on Nook Books. Drats!

The NOOK Color with WiFi for $249 and 15% Cash Back at Barnes & Noble.
What a steal at $211.65 after cash back from Rewards Runner™!

http://blog.rewardsrunner.com/post/B...ack-Deals.aspx

Deal was only good for 3 days.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #12
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has anyone yet received the promised $10 gift card that was supposed to be sent on December 26?
Old 12-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #13
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Has anyone yet received the promised $10 gift card that was supposed to be sent on December 26?
Yes! I actually got mine at midnight on 12/26. I understand there were some B&N server problems so that might have caused a delay for you.

Did you get the confirmation email from them saying you would be getting the $10.00 certificate?
Old 12-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #14
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Yes! I actually got mine at midnight on 12/26. I understand there were some B&N server problems so that might have caused a delay for you.

Did you get the confirmation email from them saying you would be getting the $10.00 certificate?
No, I never got that, either! Hmm. Maybe I need to call them.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #15
NightBird
Wizard

Yes, it sounds like there was a glitch somewhere. I got that confirmation that I was eligible for the $10.00 certificate a few days after I bought the $100.00 gift certificate.