Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-21-2015, 03:44 AM   #1
Thomas P.
Thomas P. began at the beginning.

Device: Touch 622
PDB files and Calibre

I'm having trouble downloading PDB files to a PocketBook Touch.

I add the files to Calibre (2.25, 64 Bit), i.e. the library. When I try to "Send to Device/Starage Card A", I am offered the option to convert the PDB file. I decline, as The PocketBook Touch will natively display these PDB files. Calibre apparently sends metadata, as far as I can tell from the Jobs window, but does not send the file itself.

Is there any way of getting Calibre to send the file?

(I know that the PocketBook Touch can open and dsplay the PDB files, as they are and unconverted, because it does if I manually copy the file to the SD card.)
Thomas P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Calibre forum. You're much more likely to get a response there.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want to send pdb files to the device right click the device icon in calibre, choose configure this device and enable pdb.

And note that PDB is a container format, like a zip file, it can internally contain many differnt kinds of files, your reader will only support a few of those.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas P. View Post
I'm having trouble downloading PDB files to a PocketBook Touch.

I add the files to Calibre (2.25, 64 Bit), i.e. the library. When I try to "Send to Device/Starage Card A", I am offered the option to convert the PDB file. I decline, as The PocketBook Touch will natively display these PDB files. Calibre apparently sends metadata, as far as I can tell from the Jobs window, but does not send the file itself.

Is there any way of getting Calibre to send the file?

(I know that the PocketBook Touch can open and dsplay the PDB files, as they are and unconverted, because it does if I manually copy the file to the SD card.)
Configure the device (driver) to allow PDB. Calibre offers to convert when the device formats list does not have a tick for any currently available format. 'No' says don't do a convert, so there is still nothing available

With the device attached (and discovered), you right click the STD icon to configure. The order, is the preferred format when more than 1 are available
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:58 AM   #5
Thomas P.
Thomas P. began at the beginning.

Device: Touch 622
Got it, works, thanks.

I was looking in the "Preferences" menu....
Thomas P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas P. View Post
Got it, works, thanks.

I was looking in the "Preferences" menu....
Well you could get ther that way, just a lot more drilling.

Preferences: Pluggins: Device Interface plugins: <the device family name>: Customize plugin (middle button)

Which way is easier ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, download fails, pdb