Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
elanajohnson
elanajohnson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Conversion producing an error

I am using Sigil to create my epub documents for conversion. I'm fairly well-versed with coding -- and searching the Internet for answers! -- everything has gone smoothly so far.

I've uploaded my Calibre converted docs to Kindle, Kobo, and B&N, no problem, no errors. They also pass the Epub Validator without errors.

I've run into a snag with the Apple iBookstore. My Sigil ePub document passes the validator with no errors. I convert in Calibre, and my converted ePub document is getting this one error:

"Results: The following problems were found in Elevated - Elana Johnson.epub:
ERROR OEBPS/Text/Five.html 12 48 attribute "class" not allowed here; expected attribute "cite" or "datetime"

It's not letting me use a <p class> tag I've written in my CSS in that ONE section of the converted ePub. I'm not sure why, as I've gone back into my code and everything is right.

Is there something I can do in Calibre to check this, or is this a problem with my code in Sigil? Or something else entirely?

Of course, Apple won't allow it to be uploaded if it has this error -- it's the same one I get from them when I try to deliver my book package.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
elanajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by elanajohnson View Post
I am using Sigil to create my epub documents for conversion. I'm fairly well-versed with coding -- and searching the Internet for answers! -- everything has gone smoothly so far.

I've uploaded my Calibre converted docs to Kindle, Kobo, and B&N, no problem, no errors. They also pass the Epub Validator without errors.

I've run into a snag with the Apple iBookstore. My Sigil ePub document passes the validator with no errors. I convert in Calibre, and my converted ePub document is getting this one error:

"Results: The following problems were found in Elevated - Elana Johnson.epub:
ERROR OEBPS/Text/Five.html 12 48 attribute "class" not allowed here; expected attribute "cite" or "datetime"

It's not letting me use a <p class> tag I've written in my CSS in that ONE section of the converted ePub. I'm not sure why, as I've gone back into my code and everything is right.

Is there something I can do in Calibre to check this, or is this a problem with my code in Sigil? Or something else entirely?

Of course, Apple won't allow it to be uploaded if it has this error -- it's the same one I get from them when I try to deliver my book package.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Something before that <P> location was not closed properly (or possible flipped close tags are easy to overlook)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
elanajohnson
elanajohnson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you! I will go look again.
elanajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote