Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #136
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
Based on the instructions, it looks about as easy (or easier) than setting up bootable CM cards, which I've done more times than I can count at this point. I just don't have a free card to try it myself yet, and so far I haven't found anything I absolutely need to sideload, so it's not urgent for me.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #137
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
I just used that CWM SD card method to turn on Unknown Sources on my brand new Nook HD+.

If you're familiar with creating an SD card image, it's really pretty simple.
Downloading the files, making the card and backing up/flashing the Nook took no more than 15 minutes,
and now I have access to my favorite launcher (ADW EX) and all of my Amazon Appstore apps.

Now I'm debating if I want to do the Universal Root or stay with the stock ROM.

Give it a try!
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #138
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsebs View Post
now I have access to my favorite launcher (ADW EX) and all of my Amazon Appstore apps.
I'm assuming you didn't have that access before because you got ADW EX through Amazon? It works fine on an unmodified HD/HD+. Personally, I decided Amazon's freebies weren't worth it and killed that appstore with fire (n.p.i.) long ago. Of course, now Google Play licensing is almost as bad, requiring periodic handshakes with Google servers to run apps that have no practical need of a connection. It's the same old DRM story: pirating gets you a fully functional product that you can use when and where you choose, but paying gets you a hobbled version that needlessly jabs you in the eye while you use it
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote