Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #16
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Seems like the Firefox EPUBReader add-on may only support ePub2, but I found this list of readers.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
To paraphrase the bard: "Jesus, Mary & Elvis--That's a lot of books!"

So mass conversion of prc and pdb to mobi? I don't even want to think of clit and some kind of OEBC software for all those lits. I may have to not hate Calibre so much, at least temporarily; either that or write shell scripts to use the CLI versions of the converters. I was afraid of this answer. Shell scripts ... [shudder].

Thanks,
Jack Tingle
Mass conversion from PRC to mobi is easy. Simply rename... PDB is more difficult.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #18
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Mass conversion from PRC to mobi is easy. Simply rename... PDB is more difficult.
Now that's interesting. mobi uses the later version of prc compression. It makes sense that you could just rename the files with the later version. I didn't realize you could rename the older version as well.

Anyhoo--WRT notMetro readers, Freda, Overdrive and Book Bazaar seem to have merits. Liberty is very limited in what it can do, so I'll probably cease to use it. Still no non-epub readers that I can find (other than Kindle). I'll probably stick with the Win8 desktop readers. Reading in notMetro on a large screen is annoying, unless you sit all the way across the room, and that makes using the touchscreen difficult.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote