Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Moving Files using File Explorer

Can you move files from one folder to another using this app? If you can, can you tell me how, I can't seem to find it. Thanks
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
Can you move files from one folder to another using this app? If you can, can you tell me how, I can't seem to find it. Thanks
You mean ES File Explorer? The one on the app store is outdated so you have to copy and paste instead of move. The latest version has a Move to option which is much better.

To copy and paste you just long press on the file to bring up the menu then choose copy. A blue arrow with a silver box will show up at the bottom. Navigate to the folder you wish to move to then hit the blue arrow at the bottom. A box will slide open now hit the file in the box and it will paste.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks I saw the copy but for the life of me I kept looking and looking for move. What version has the move I'll see if getjar has it or somewhere else. That's a great function to have.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks I saw the copy but for the life of me I kept looking and looking for move. What version has the move I'll see if getjar has it or somewhere else. That's a great function to have.
Version 1.6.0.7 is what I am using.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
beckywc
Addict

Okay, thanks.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
beckywc
Addict

Can you tell me where you picked it up from? Thanks
Old 11-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Can you tell me where you picked it up from? Thanks
I got it from the Android Market. I downloaded it on my phone then used ES File Explorer to back itself up into an apk then moved onto the Fire to install.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
You can download 1.6.0.7 it from 1Mobile. You may want to grap their Store App while you are there as well.

http://www.1mobile.com/es-file-explorer-70957.html

When downloading Apps outside of the Amazon App Store, you will see a small pop-up in the Notification Area of the Status Bar at the Top of the Fire. If you touch the Notification you will see the download in progress. After the download is complete, touch it to launch the App installation package.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-18-2011 at 07:25 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #9
tjsoundguy
Enthusiast
tjsoundguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire / Touch /Paperwhite
I must be doing something wrong - I downloaded the apk file for the latest version, loaded it into the root dir, ejected & launched -it warned me that it would replace an existing app - tried to, then told me that the app was not installed…..

any ideas?

Thanks for any help!
tjsoundguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsoundguy View Post
I must be doing something wrong - I downloaded the apk file for the latest version, loaded it into the root dir, ejected & launched -it warned me that it would replace an existing app - tried to, then told me that the app was not installed…..

any ideas?

Thanks for any help!
Uninstall the other version first then install the new one.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
tjsoundguy
Enthusiast

OK - I uninstalled the old one, moved the apk file back into the root directory, but now when I eject, it doesn't show up anywhere, so I can't launch the installer.

I feel really dumb - I'm sorry if this is obvious - I'm trying to get used to the android architecture….
Old 11-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
OK - I uninstalled the old one, moved the apk file back into the root directory, but now when I eject, it doesn't show up anywhere, so I can't launch the installer.

I feel really dumb - I'm sorry if this is obvious - I'm trying to get used to the android architecture….
Put in downloads folder then try. Nothing should go in the root.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
tjsoundguy
Enthusiast

I tried that, & it still didn't appear (nothing in announcements, & I can't figure out how to navigate to the folder itself while using the kindle). I can get the latest version if I download it FROM the kindle browser (doing that as I type), I just thought I could d/l on my mac & then transfer it over later.

I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to help me out - this community is really impressive (and patient).

Thanks again!
Old 11-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I tried that, & it still didn't appear (nothing in announcements, & I can't figure out how to navigate to the folder itself while using the kindle). I can get the latest version if I download it FROM the kindle browser (doing that as I type), I just thought I could d/l on my mac & then transfer it over later.

I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to help me out - this community is really impressive (and patient).

Thanks again!
I use the dropbox app. I upload the apk to my Dropbox then it will install it without downloading it to the pc.

I see your problem now. You need to be able to access it. You can install File Expert which is needed if you sideload books other then USB anyways. Then you be able to navigate to the folder needed and install ES File Explorer.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #15
tjsoundguy
Enthusiast

Bingo! Thanks - I'll install File Expert.
BTW, I just saw that there's a brand new version of ES File Explorer released today. Thanksgiving theme!

Anyway, YOU RULE!

Best,

TJ