Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
Wordeater
Connoisseur
Wordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Sony PRS-650
View Plug-ins?

After having a ***** of a time adding plug-ins, is there a way to view them to see that they are actually loaded?
What's going to allow me to configure them?

Thanks

WE
Wordeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:11 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Preferences -> Plugins (under Advanced, you may need to scroll to the bottom of the preferences window).
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordeater View Post
After having a ***** of a time adding plug-ins, is there a way to view them to see that they are actually loaded?
What's going to allow me to configure them?

Thanks

WE
Out of curiosity, which plugins did you add, and what exactly were the problems you had with installing them? If it was from issues with GUI plugins I would love to know the issues and what difficulties you had with the instructions in the thread. You seem quite irritated in your post, I haven't seen any other posts about people having problems installing them.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
What's going to allow me to configure them?WE
Perhaps you need to add the plug-in button to your toolbar:
Preferences > Customize the Toolbar

To verify installation:
Preferences > Plug-ins > User Interface Action Plug-in (or whatever other, click on the plus sign to see the applicable plug-ins)
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
Wordeater
Connoisseur
Wordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchforkWordeater can load mercury with a pitchfork

Tools.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Out of curiosity, which plugins did you add, and what exactly were the problems you had with installing them? If it was from issues with GUI plugins I would love to know the issues and what difficulties you had with the instructions in the thread. You seem quite irritated in your post, I haven't seen any other posts about people having problems installing them.
I was adding the Tools plugins for stripping DRMs.
The 'read me' texts were in error, and the two I was following contradicted each other. One said to not unzip the files, the other said to use two files that could only be gotten by unzipping.
No doubt it was me. Once I got one in I was OK. Now I'll go see if they are there.

WE
Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
Wordeater
Connoisseur

No luck

Can't find them.

Preferences>Advanced>Plugins>UI plugins.......?????
There just seems to be the original plugins that were there once Calibre was installed.....What am I supposed to be seeing?

WE

Last edited by Wordeater; 01-26-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Can't find them.

Preferences>Advanced>Plugins>UI plugins.......?????WE
Try looking in File Type Plugins
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
Wordeater
Connoisseur

Aha...

On closer inspection I see them. It appears I'm short one of the five.....and I see where to configure them. I'll go back to see which one I missed.

Thank you very much!

WE
Old 01-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #9
Wordeater
Connoisseur

Had them all.

Had them all in the end. Should be OK now I'm thinking.

Thanks again.

WE