Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
A couple things to figure out on the color nook

I just got a Nook Color... There are couple things that I'm not doing right. I figure they're things that are obvious but I didn't find them in the user guide:

1. There are a half dozen books on the home page AND in the library under books, that I can't get rid of... For example, there's a copy of Dracula in there that I don't need or want, but I can't delete it. And Vince Flynn's new book that it want's me to download, which I have no intention of downloading.
HOW do I delete these from the library and the home page?

2. I downloaded a couple books from the library. They show up in "My Files" instead of Books... HOW do I get them to go into "Books" from the Adobe Digital Editions instead of "My Files"?

3. The library books show up in the library with a blue book cover and title instead of the book's actual front page. How do I get things in the library to look like real books?
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
I just got a Nook Color... There are couple things that I'm not doing right. I figure they're things that are obvious but I didn't find them in the user guide:

1. There are a half dozen books on the home page AND in the library under books, that I can't get rid of... For example, there's a copy of Dracula in there that I don't need or want, but I can't delete it. And Vince Flynn's new book that it want's me to download, which I have no intention of downloading.
HOW do I delete these from the library and the home page? Press and hold the book, then select "Archive". From your computer go to your B&N Account online and delete if you wish.

2. I downloaded a couple books from the library. They show up in "My Files" instead of Books... HOW do I get them to go into "Books" from the Adobe Digital Editions instead of "My Files"? It can't be done from Adobe Digital Editions. Once the book is on the NOOKcolor, press and hold the book, then select "Move to Shelf". Choose the shelf you want. I have a shelf called "Library Books".

3. The library books show up in the library with a blue book cover and title instead of the book's actual front page. How do I get things in the library to look like real books? No real workarounds for this yet.
Enjoy!!!

Last edited by SCION; 12-12-2010 at 12:56 AM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
2. I downloaded a couple books from the library. They show up in "My Files" instead of Books... HOW do I get them to go into "Books" from the Adobe Digital Editions instead of "My Files"?
I haven't tried this yet so I don't know, but...

Have you tried moving the library books into "My Files \ Books"?
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
I haven't tried this yet so I don't know, but...

Have you tried moving the library books into "My Files \ Books"?
That's what I do. Connect your NC to your computer with the USB cable. Within Windows Explorer (Mac Finder), I move the library books into the folder on my Nook Color called "My Files \ Books" so that they show up in your Library in the category Books instead of just My Files.

Then, I also do as SCION suggests and assign the book to a custom shelf. In My Shelves, I have created one called "Borrowed".
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Scion,

>1. There are a half dozen books on the home page AND in the library under >books, that I can't get rid of... For example, there's a copy of Dracula in there >that I don't need or want, but I can't delete it. And Vince Flynn's new book >that it want's me to download, which I have no intention of downloading.
>HOW do I delete these from the library and the home page? Press and hold >the book, then select "Archive". From your computer go to your B&N Account >online and delete if you wish.

I FINALLY got rid of most of the annoying books..... After trying on the Nook, then trying through the Nook for PC software, I finally realized I had to log INTO THE B&N website, go into my account, and delete these things.

That got rid of them from the Nook for PC, but they were still on the Nook. Connecting the Nook to the PC didn't get rid of them... I finally had to disconnect the nook, and turn the wireless back on, connect to my network, and THEN get got deleted...... Bizarre......

And, I've moved everything I downloaded from the "Digital Editions" to My Files\Books, and now they do show up in the books.....

And I put them on my "Borrowed" shelf......

NOW, how do I get the startup guide and user guide OUT of the list of books? I want to keep them, but I want them in an archive directory or some such and NOT on the page of books in the library......
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Scion,

>1. There are a half dozen books on the home page AND in the library under >books, that I can't get rid of... For example, there's a copy of Dracula in there >that I don't need or want, but I can't delete it. And Vince Flynn's new book >that it want's me to download, which I have no intention of downloading.
>HOW do I delete these from the library and the home page? Press and hold >the book, then select "Archive". From your computer go to your B&N Account >online and delete if you wish.

I FINALLY got rid of most of the annoying books..... After trying on the Nook, then trying through the Nook for PC software, I finally realized I had to log INTO THE B&N website, go into my account, and delete these things.

That got rid of them from the Nook for PC, but they were still on the Nook. Connecting the Nook to the PC didn't get rid of them... I finally had to disconnect the nook, and turn the wireless back on, connect to my network, and THEN get got deleted...... Bizarre......

And, I've moved everything I downloaded from the "Digital Editions" to My Files\Books, and now they do show up in the books.....

And I put them on my "Borrowed" shelf......

NOW, how do I get the startup guide and user guide OUT of the list of books? I want to keep them, but I want them in an archive directory or some such and NOT on the page of books in the library......

Yes, you need to sync whenever you perform an action on your PC or one of your devices.

With regard to the Startup and User guides...

When you connect the device to the computer, aren't they located in the folder B&N Downloads? (I haven't checked) I know they don't have titles that you can decipher immediately, but you should be able to move them to My Files / Books. Then you can place them on a shelf (Reference?).
Old 12-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
dkperez
Groupie

I just checked again and the files don't exist anywhere in the folder tree.... SO, I queried a couple times and finally found a topic on this, and it turns out you apparently CANNOT delete these two volumes from the Nook at this time. There are a number of responses wanting to get them off the front page (which i managed) AND out of the volume list in the library, but nothing done at this point...

As far as synching..... I turned OFF the wireless because every time I tried to do something with those books that were in there that I didn't want, the volume started downloading! So, with all the junk gone, I can leave the wireless on again...

I reckon we'll have to wait for a firmware upgrade to see what features get added...
Old 12-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
I just checked again and the files don't exist anywhere in the folder tree.... SO, I queried a couple times and finally found a topic on this, and it turns out you apparently CANNOT delete these two volumes from the Nook at this time. There are a number of responses wanting to get them off the front page (which i managed) AND out of the volume list in the library, but nothing done at this point...

As far as synching..... I turned OFF the wireless because every time I tried to do something with those books that were in there that I didn't want, the volume started downloading! So, with all the junk gone, I can leave the wireless on again...

I reckon we'll have to wait for a firmware upgrade to see what features get added...
Yes, I recall reading on another forum that those with a rooted NOOKcolor have access to those "hidden" files.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I am away from my NC at the moment. If you hold down on the user guide covers in the book list, then it will show you the hidden file path where they are located (buried). I agree it would be nice to be able to delete or archive them (esp the Quick Start).
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote