Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-19-2018, 10:00 AM   #1
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Forcing Book Updates

So I checked my contents and devices on the amazon website. There were several books (10+ if I recall) that had updates available.

I have a Oasis 1 and Oasis 2 and both have my entire library loaded on them. I pressed the update button on the website for each book that said it had an update available.

Both Kindles were awake and on wifi and soon enough books started updating on both devices. After awhile it all seemed to be finished. However, I noticed that a couple of the books that should have been updated did not show as "new" tag in my book list on the Oasis 2 even though many others did appear and had the "new" tag on them. I did not keep a list of the books that had updates unfortunately.

I am assuming those books did not get the updates. Does anyone know how to force a kindle device to check for updates or if the amazon website tells you if a given device needs a book updated?

I hope all that made sense. Thanks
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
You didn't mention using the "Sync My Kindle" choice in the gear menu of your Kindles. That might help.

You can connect your devices to a PC and look at the last modified date for the book files in the "documents" folder. That should tell you which books were updated recently.

If you knew which books you updated you could tell if any that should have changed did not. Even without that information you can still check your devices against each other to see if the same books were updated recently on both.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert