Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-12-2018, 07:33 AM   #1
bongio
Connoisseur
bongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the rough

Device: Energy eReader Pro HD
Installing apps

Hi everybody, I'm waiting for my new Note to arrive, and since it's my first Onyx reader (I currently read on a Kindle Paperwhite) I have a question: is it preferable to install apps from the Play Store (like Kindle and Pocket) or to sideload them directly on the device? How can I sideload them? Simply by copying the apk files on the device?

Thanks for your help, I really hope this device is worth the money
bongio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongio View Post
Hi everybody, I'm waiting for my new Note to arrive, and since it's my first Onyx reader (I currently read on a Kindle Paperwhite) I have a question: is it preferable to install apps from the Play Store (like Kindle and Pocket) or to sideload them directly on the device? How can I sideload them? Simply by copying the apk files on the device?

Thanks for your help, I really hope this device is worth the money
Generally, I just install apps from the Play Store. It's the path of least resistance.

But when there is a problem doing that, such as a paid for app not installing from the Play Store or an app not available on the Play Store, then I will sideload the app.

If you sideload an app, you will need to copy the APK file to the main memory of the device. Under settings, you will need to check the option which says something about allowing the installation of apps from unknown sources. Then you can use an installer to install the app.

I just click on the APK file from inside FX File Explorer app avaialbe from the Play Store and it will ask me if I want to install the app.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2018, 10:20 AM   #3
bongio
Connoisseur
bongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the roughbongio is a jewel in the rough

Device: Energy eReader Pro HD
Ok, got it. Thanks a lot!
bongio is offline   Reply With Quote