Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-22-2018, 12:22 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidreadr View Post
window defender was culprit disable

now working properly

thanks a lot guy

u folks solved problem

great

enjoy being with you people
Huh!
Windows defender has never touched Calibre on my systems.
Check the firewall settings to see if Calibre.exe is allowed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #17
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Huh!
Windows defender has never touched Calibre on my systems.
Check the firewall settings to see if Calibre.exe is allowed
Long ago and far away (read: when Windows 8.0 was the current version), I had and issue with one then new calibre build that Defender erroneously blocked. The previous version of calibre would install and run and a few days later, after a small Windows update, Defender no longer blocked the newer calibre. I've had no issue since under Wind 8.0, 8.1, and the plethora of Win10 releases.

I did note that the OP is running an old version of Windows that is no longer supported by MS. According to the error message he's running Windows 8.0 (numeric version 6.2.x) and may also be stuck with an outdated Defender. MS support for Win8.0 is mostly limited to updating to 8.1 or 10.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I'm glad you finally figured it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
This thread has a similar diagnosis and the same outcome.
This has happened to others before. In my first response, I linked to a thread where Windows Defender was the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Which anti-virus software are you using? Don't forget Window's Defender is an antivirus program too.
Windows Defender is an anti-virus too.

Quote:
window defender was culprit disable

now working properly

Quote:
thanks a lot guy

u folks solved problem

great

enjoy being with you people
You're welcome.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:00 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
I did note that the OP is running an old version of Windows that is no longer supported by MS. According to the error message he's running Windows 8.0 (numeric version 6.2.x) and may also be stuck with an outdated Defender. MS support for Win8.0 is mostly limited to updating to 8.1 or 10.
Microsoft finally kills support for Windows 8: It's the end of an error Warning: the embedded video in this news item features Steve Ballmer.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote