Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #1
tatteredscroll
Enthusiast
tatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enoughtatteredscroll will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
kindle to kobo

Been a while since I visited this site
--> You last visited: 09-18-2012 at 08:52 PM

Having lurked for the last several weeks, I'm much appreciative of the information here. I was able to successfully download and convert nearly 100% of my mediocre Kindle library to epub this evening for use on my newly ordered KA1 (plus sleep cover).

I have some Kobo specific questions I'll pop over there to ask, but wanted to post to the General Discussion forum to let everyone know Thank You!
tatteredscroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:11 PM   #2
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Welcome back and i hope you enjoy your sleep cover more then mine because i wish i never bought it for my H2O v2.... paid 40 euro's and these cases feel like a scam if i have to be honest... Like corners of the case [....] after 2-3 days of use... and thats why i orderd a cheap ebay sleeping cover and guess what?! I think its even better then the original case hands down.

Last edited by issybird; 04-19-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Foul language.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohhnyMix View Post
...i hope you enjoy your sleep cover more then mine because i wish i never bought it for my H2O v2.... paid 40 euro's and these cases feel like a scam if i have to be honest... Like corners of the case [....] after 2-3 days of use... and thats why i orderd a cheap ebay sleeping cover and guess what?! I think its even better then the original case hands down.
I was never one to buy an expensive case for a reader, tablet or phone. Invariably, a cheap case on Amazon (provided you vet it first with reviews, etc) will be just as good.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcasey View Post
Having lurked for the last several weeks, I'm much appreciative of the information here. I was able to successfully download and convert nearly 100% of my mediocre Kindle library to epub this evening for use on my newly ordered KA1 (plus sleep cover).
If you have any books with images, you might consider KEPUB (Kobo ePub) because that format supports zooming in; otherwise, I find most images are not readable when converting from Kindle to ePub.

There are some other pros and cons to this format, and I encourage you to give it a try to see what you think.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #5
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I was never one to buy an expensive case for a reader, tablet or phone. Invariably, a cheap case on Amazon (provided you vet it first with reviews, etc) will be just as good.
Yea, i have learned my lesson. I always buy the cheap covers for my toys but i thought this e-reader was costing me a pretty penny so i thought lets buy the original case because it looked good in the store. Now i just put it in the closet and use my cheap ebay case which i like more then the 40 euro case.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote