Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2019, 06:05 PM   #151
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For anyone who is interested in using the overrides section of the kobopatch.yaml instead of editing the .yaml files in the src directory, I've attached a list of the settings I created.
this was so helpful. thank you so much for creating it!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #152
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
You need to add the patches themselves to a new sickel.yaml file. What you are seeing is just the overrides section of the config.
I did create sickel.yaml in the src directory. I'm just wondering if it is working or not.

This is the contends of sickel.yaml.

Code:
sickel reboot timeout (20 sec):
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: increases sickel reboot time if no ping from 10s to 20s
  - PatchGroup: sickel reboot timeout
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035E0, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 44 F6 20 61}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035F2, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 44 F6 20 61}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x00383E, FindH: 44 F6 20 61, ReplaceH: 49 F6 40 41}

sickel reboot timeout (30 sec):
  - Enabled: yes
  - Description: increases sickel reboot time if no ping from 10s to 30s
  - PatchGroup: sickel reboot timeout
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035E0, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 47 F2 30 51}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035F2, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 47 F2 30 51}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x00383E, FindH: 44 F6 20 61, ReplaceH: 4E F6 60 21}
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2019, 06:37 PM   #153
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
JSWolf,
chances are you haven't added in kobopatch.yaml
Code:
patches:
  src/sickel.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/sickel
  src/nickel.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/nickel
  src/libadobe.so.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so
  src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Question about the sickel patch. Should there be more in log.txt other then

Code:
  |         "src/sickel.yaml": {
  |             "sickel reboot timeout (20 sec)": false,
  |             "sickel reboot timeout (30 sec)": true
If I understand you correctly.

Last edited by Semwize; 12-15-2019 at 08:11 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:42 PM   #154
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
JSWolf,
chances are you haven't added in kobopatch.yaml
Yes, that's it. I thought I was missing something. I'm still getting used to the ins/outs of the new patch system. I knew the previous patch system well.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:17 AM   #155
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Thanks as alwasy to Geek1011, Jackie_W and others for helping us all out with these patches (DNSB, I appreciate your yaml template too).

One question -- I'm fiddling with the size of the footer (using kepub), where I have the book title and page count -- and in the current patches I only see the ability to set a min/max size that seems to change the distance from my Forma margin to the bottom of the book text, but doesn't really change how far the footer text (i.e., book title) is from the bottom of my unit. I vaguely recall in prior patch sets, there was a negative number you could set to move the footer text relative to the unit bottom, but without affecting the amount of blank space.

Is that gone and no longer do-able, or am I simply missing it somewhere? Thanks!
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #156
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
Is that gone and no longer do-able
Why?
Code:
        - Find:    "#caption[newFooter=true][qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 13px;\n}"
          Replace: "#caption[newFooter=true] {\n  font-size: 13px; margin-top: -14px;}"
eg. (Custom new header/footer font)

Try different values to get the page you want.

Last edited by Semwize; 12-16-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:09 PM   #157
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Why?
Code:
        - Find:    "#caption[newFooter=true][qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 13px;\n}"
          Replace: "#caption[newFooter=true] {\n  font-size: 13px; margin-top: -14px;}"
eg. (Custom new header/footer font)

Try different values to get the page you want.
Thanks -- I'm not totally sure I fully understood your reply (what did you mean by "why"?), but it made me go back to the nickel.yaml file and look a bit harder. The option to move the footer text up from the bottom margin is still there as 2.b. under the "custom new header/footer font" patch -- but it is tucked immediately under a 2.a. heading that says "Touch/Mini Users Only" -- so I blinked right over it.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #158
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
i do not have a kobo patch src folder?
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:09 PM   #159
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
i do not have a kobo patch src folder?
When you unzip the patch ZIP file, you will have a src directory as there is one in the ZIP file. Go to the first post in the thread to get the link to the current patch ZIP file.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:25 AM   #160
NamKK
NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Oasis 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
This patch thread is for firmware 4.19.14123 (bf36b8c11a1ed01c527b80c14d20d9de5383d729):

Instructions for patching on Windows, Linux, or macOS with kobopatch:
  1. Download the Kobo firmware release
    You can find the download links here here.
  2. Download and extract the patch zip
    Download and unzip kobopatch_4.19.14123.zip from here.
  3. Copy the firmware file to the src folder
    Copy the original firmware you just downloaded into the kobopatch src folder.
Download
Hi,

I am a novice here. It is instructed that I should copy the firmware to kobopatch src folder. What is a src folder and where to find it?

Thanks.
NamKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:31 AM   #161
NamKK
NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NamKK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKK View Post
Hi,

I am a novice here. It is instructed that I should copy the firmware to kobopatch src folder. What is a src folder and where to find it?

Thanks.
Nevermind, I can now follow what instructed.

May I ask how can I find the patch(es) compatible with the latest firmware to stop Forma from future updating? It is very annoying that I have redo my fonts, and dictionaries every time it updates. Thanks.

Last edited by NamKK; 12-20-2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:48 AM   #162
mirrornoir
mirrornoir began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKK View Post
Nevermind, I can now follow what instructed.

May I ask how can I find the patch(es) compatible with the latest firmware to stop Forma from future updating? It is very annoying that I have redo my fonts, and dictionaries every time it updates. Thanks.
I'd advise you to look through all the available patches yourself, there are many more that are quite useful. That being said the option you're looking for is "Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading" in `src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml`. There's another patch that disables it completely but it comes with side effects as noted above the patch. With this patch you'll learn about new updates but you can choose not to apply them.
mirrornoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:43 AM   #163
NamKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrornoir View Post
I'd advise you to look through all the available patches yourself, there are many more that are quite useful. That being said the option you're looking for is "Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading" in `src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml`. There's another patch that disables it completely but it comes with side effects as noted above the patch. With this patch you'll learn about new updates but you can choose not to apply them.
Thanks, mirrornoir. I'll look it up.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:48 AM   #164
NamKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrornoir View Post
Hi again.
Does it mean that I open the file 'src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml' with Notepad+, and change the value of "Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading" from "no" to "yes". Is there anything else I need to do? Thanks.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:04 AM   #165
NamKK

I figured it out. Thank you!

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching