Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #1
karyuudo
karyuudo will become famous soon enoughkaryuudo will become famous soon enoughkaryuudo will become famous soon enoughkaryuudo will become famous soon enoughkaryuudo will become famous soon enoughkaryuudo will become famous soon enough

Device: none
How to remove DRM from booklive.jp ebooks

Hey everyone,

I'm a complete newbie to ebooks, so please forgive me. I recently purchased an ebook on booklive.jp and I've tried to remove the DRM from it using Calibre. However, it doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone know if it is indeed possible to do this? I don't want to purchase any other books from them unless I can remove the DRM.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Cheers!

Last edited by karyuudo; 05-19-2017 at 11:38 AM.
karyuudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #2
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
I'd go to Apprentice Alf's blog and ask there. You won't get an answer here.

https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/

Greg
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2017, 11:54 AM   #3
karyuudo
karyuudo will become famous soon enoughkaryuudo will become famous soon enoughkaryuudo will become famous soon enoughkaryuudo will become famous soon enoughkaryuudo will become famous soon enoughkaryuudo will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeks View Post

Greg
Thanks very much!
karyuudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #4
desioner
Japanese Book Maniac
desioner began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeks View Post
Greg
Interesting… not only am I not alone, seems I'm late to the party too. Is there any information here about Calibre being able to read encrypted books. It seems to me that all booklive books are encrypted epub formats. That are only readable by their native reader app, which of course is garbage like most others.
Guess the search continues!
desioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by desioner View Post
Interesting… not only am I not alone, seems I'm late to the party too. Is there any information here about Calibre being able to read encrypted books. It seems to me that all booklive books are encrypted epub formats. That are only readable by their native reader app, which of course is garbage like most others.
Ask on the blog linked.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Is there any information here about Calibre being able to read encrypted books.
It can't.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

Hi. Welcome to Mobileread.

[EDITED]

Unfortunately - as pointed out by the Moderator above - it can't, so I've deleted that erroneous information I posted a few minutes ago.

However, rather than simply deleting my post, I would like to extend a welcome to you.

And...have fun!

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-08-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote