Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #31
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
[i've taken the liberty of fixing the typo in the thread title. "mange" means "eat" in french and it was a bit disturbing every time i saw "eat my kindle" go past in the spy ! ]
Well, if you are reading this on the Kindle, it would be appropriate, no?
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #32
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb

(Now I want to change the title to "Eat my kindle".)
so everybody can be disturbed ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Well, if you are reading this on the Kindle, it would be appropriate, no?
well, i don't have a kindle, so i think i'll just leave it alone now...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
so everybody can be disturbed ?

Misery love company, right.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #34
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
[i've taken the liberty of fixing the typo in the thread title. "mange" means "eat" in french and it was a bit disturbing every time i saw "eat my kindle" go past in the spy ! ]
I swear I didn't even notice it. Thank you for watching my back rather than eating it.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I swear I didn't even notice it. Thank you for watching my back rather than eating it.
anytime (vegetarians don't eat ducks, and personally i've cut back on the electronics lately too.).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #36
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Two Hours

It took less than 2 hours after someone noticed the missing serial number for someone else to identify another way to get it.

You guys are awesome.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #37
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I assume that works on the Apple version of iTunes. Also, this works for touches as well as iPhones?

BOb
I'm a Mac user - and what I described works in iTunes on the Mac. Click on Serial Number in the Summary page for your iPhone/iPod Touch and you'll see the UDID, labeled Identifier.
ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #38
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahintz View Post
I'm a Mac user - and what I described works in iTunes on the Mac. Click on Serial Number in the Summary page for your iPhone/iPod Touch and you'll see the UDID, labeled Identifier.
cool... thanks for that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #39
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Two Hours

It took less than 2 hours after someone noticed the missing serial number for someone else to identify another way to get it.

Power of the people !!
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #40
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, I've done a Frankenstein and added a page for iPhones and iPod Touches to the Visual Kindle Guide Wiki. It's for Windows users only because I don't know how to do anything with a Mac.

Guides removed on Amazon's request
Old 03-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #41
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Okay, I've done a Frankenstein and added a page for iPhones and iPod Touches to the Visual Kindle Guide Wiki. It's for Windows users only because I don't know how to do anything with a Mac.
post content modified on Amazon's request
Old 03-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #42
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Nice guide! If you want to put one up for Mac, you can use a lot of the same info. Python comes already installed on OS X, so you can skip the section on installing Python. For the rest, here's my recommendation. Any other Mac users want to refine this, please do!

Thanks ahintz! If you could make matching screen grabs from a Mac, l can add another page and plug in the images later. If you make them, stick them in a zip file and post them here.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #43
ahintz
Zealot

Quote:
Thanks ahintz! If you could make matching screen grabs from a Mac, l can add another page and plug in the images later. If you make them, stick them in a zip file and post them here.
No problem - glad to help. I'll see about putting them together this weekend and add the zip file to this thread.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:27 AM   #44
ahintz
Zealot

OK - was able to get to it tonight. Here are the two screenshots for the the wiki page you put together.

Great work on putting this all together!
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindlepidi_mac_screenshots.zip (72.6 KB, 353 views)
Old 03-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
OK - was able to get to it tonight. Here are the two screenshots for the the wiki page you put together.

Great work on putting this all together!
But, if you are using Windows, you do not need to preface the command with Python as long as you type out the full name of the program including the .py extension.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iphone pid, ipod pid, kindlepid