Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #46
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
So the issue in the code is it using KeepAspectRatioByExpanding parameter.

Changing that to KeepAspectRatio fixes the behaviour.

Make sure you set your reader screen dimensions (Width and Height) on the plugin.

https://doc.qt.io/archives/qtjambi-4...RatioMode.html

Modified plugin attached. Based on the one from post #39

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-28-2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: remove unofficial version
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:25 AM   #47
AMF
Enthusiast
AMF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I have the same problem as in Post #40. I want the height to be a specific value, but the PI changes the width to the value in the setting. Using the version in #46.
AMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2019, 04:49 AM   #48
AMF
Enthusiast
AMF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Can it be changed so the proportionally resized cover has a fixed height, not width as at the moment?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
So the issue in the code is it using KeepAspectRatioByExpanding parameter.

Changing that to KeepAspectRatio fixes the behaviour.

https://doc.qt.io/archives/qtjambi-4...RatioMode.html

Modified plugin attached. Based on the one from post #39
AMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:51 AM   #49
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My version of the plugin, attached above, does that already.

If you're not seeing that, please can you give an example image and your current plugin settings.

I suspect you have not set the dimensions in the plugin?

I have it set to 768x1024 (Sony Reader) and all of my images are 1024 pixels high and various widths.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2019-09-09 at 10.48.34.png
Views:	743
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	173339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2019-09-09 at 11.35.12.png
Views:	764
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	173343  

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 09-09-2019 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:29 AM   #50
gingerbeardman
Zealot

Here is what my version of the plugin (KeepAspectRatio) does with portrait images.

Look only at the KeepAspectRatio column.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qimage-scaling.png
Views:	725
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	173341   Click image for larger version

Name:	qimage-scaling-portrait.png
Views:	729
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	173342  

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 09-09-2019 at 06:40 AM.
Advert
Old 10-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #51
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I love this plugin but the latest version of calibre removed it for some reason. I reloaded it and while it's listed under my plugins it no longer has the button on my toolbar....? Not sure how to get it back.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:08 PM   #52
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I love this plugin but the latest version of calibre removed it for some reason. I reloaded it and while it's listed under my plugins it no longer has the button on my toolbar....? Not sure how to get it back.

Look at your toolbar. Is there an arrow on the right? (it got crowded off )
otherwise:

Preferences:Toolbars: <select type(s)>:select from left: <optional order>
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #53
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Look at your toolbar. Is there an arrow on the right? (it got crowded off )
otherwise:

Preferences:Toolbars: <select type(s)>:select from left: <optional order>
Second thing did it! Thank you SO much!

Last edited by sparklemotion; 10-17-2019 at 02:01 PM.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:42 PM   #54
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Keep Aspect Ratio

This is a continuation of this thread ==>> Resizing covers

Firstly a housekeeping problem, I removed the version Narengil uploaded to post #39. I think its labelled version 1.04. If anyone has it could they upload it somewhere and PM me a link, I'd like to restore it until we get this issue resolved.

I've had a look at the experimental unofficial versions posted by Narengil and gingerbeardman and IMO none of them is a viable release candidate. They are not explicit as to which dimension has a fixed value and which is to be adjusted to maintain the original aspect ratio. If you leave the one you want adjusted as 0 that configuration will not be saved and no message is issued.

IMO what's needed is radio button triplet - fixed size, fixed width, fixed height. I don't know if Qt allows for such a thing in a table column, if not then they can be placed outside the list like the "proportional/non proportional" buttons shown in post #36.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-26-2020 at 08:48 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:54 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just a quick note, you can resize the cover image with the Calibre editor.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:58 PM   #56
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just a quick note, you can resize the cover image with the Calibre editor.
We know Jon - but the plugin can resize the covers of a million books with ONE CLICK.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:02 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
We know Jon - but the plugin can resize the covers of a million books with ONE CLICK.
Can the official plugin resize keeping the cover's aspect ratio and use Calibre's lossless compression?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:24 PM   #58
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

No and Don't Know
Old 01-26-2020, 08:30 PM   #59
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't care
It does what I want... FAST.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:23 PM   #60
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
This is a continuation of this thread ==>> Resizing covers

Firstly a housekeeping problem, I removed the version Narengil uploaded to post #39. I think its labelled version 1.04. If anyone has it could they upload it somewhere and PM me a link, I'd like to restore it until we get this issue resolved.

I've had a look at the experimental unofficial versions posted by Narengil and gingerbeardman and IMO none of them is a viable release candidate. They are not explicit as to which dimension has a fixed value and which is to be adjusted to maintain the original aspect ratio. If you leave the one you want adjusted as 0 that configuration will not be saved and no message is issued.

IMO what's needed is radio button triplet - fixed size, fixed width, fixed height. I don't know if Qt allows for such a thing in a table column, if not then they can be placed outside the list like the "proportional/non proportional" buttons shown in post #36.
The plugin works by resizing the current cover to the selected size. With the keep aspect ratio, it resizes the cover to fit within the selected size. Whether the height or width is used, depends on the relative aspect ratios of the image and the selected size. This feels like the right way to do it. The size selected is probably related to something else such as the resolution of an ereader. The resize is to fit the cover within that size.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote