Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Eliot, Charles W. (editor): Harvard Classics 37: Locke/Berkeley/Hume. v1, 17 June 07

John Locke
Some Thoughts Concerning Education

George Berkeley
Three Dialogues between Hylas and Philonous, in Opposition to Sceptics and Atheists

David Hume
An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding

The 25th installment is now posted. There are 49 base volumes in the set (plus one additional supplementary volume on "Teaching Notes") so we are over half way finished on our journey. (51% to be more precise.)

It is interesting to read John Locke's Some Thoughts Concerning Education because many of the issues he raises are still debated today.

So please enjoy this latest installment. I'm having a lot of fun gathering the source material from all over the web including the "Internet Archive" which has PDF (image) copies of most of the original volumes from a set at the University of Toronto.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Harvard Classics Volume XXXVII.lrf (502.1 KB, 1682 views)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:17 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Past the 50% point! Amazing!

BTW, is a source for that "Teaching Notes" volume also available?
Are there any other source pieces that you know are missing at this point?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2007, 12:26 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

51.06% as I remember.

Yes, I have the source for the "Teaching Notes" but it still needs a lot of formatting and proofing work. For some strange reason it has been designated as Volume 51, yet there is no Volume 50 that I have found. 51 will be posted sometime after the series is complete.

Then we can talk of other formats and providing those that want it with copies of the source files. One MobileRead Editor has already expressed his desire for a copy.

I have, in one form or another, all of the sources. Some are in raw test as an OCR from the original books and others are in image copies. Most of what is still to be published is, thankfully, already proofed. Thankfully it has been a slow period at work so I have been able to exceed the original schedule.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:58 AM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah. Volume 50 may be the editor's introduction and indexes...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Classics

Plus they call the reading guide volume 52!
Old 06-18-2007, 09:26 AM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer

Anything you can find on volumes 50 and 52 is wonderful. I have nothing on either volume and would love to be able to include them in the series.

As of today we can complete volumes 1 to 49 and 51. Since 1 to 49 are the critical texts of the series I think of 50 to 52 as a bonus; but, not critical.
Advert
Old 06-18-2007, 09:44 AM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Anything you can find on volumes 50 and 52 is wonderful. I have nothing on either volume and would love to be able to include them in the series.

As of today we can complete volumes 1 to 49 and 51. Since 1 to 49 are the critical texts of the series I think of 50 to 52 as a bonus; but, not critical.
I agree.. they aren't critical but would be nice. I'll see what I can find. I think I have the reading plan, but I'll have to do some hunting to find it.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
49 is fine
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote