Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-14-2024, 12:19 PM   #1471
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
I'm trying to troubleshoot an error that I get while trying to convert all .epub books in Slovene language that I've tried so far (five books). I'm suspecting something is going off on the side of Kindle Previewer. It's of no massive concern as there is a workaround.

I tried it on five .epub files, all failed with the same error.
Conversion attempt appears to freeze momentarily at line:
"Launching Kindle Previewer 3 (unknown_32741376) - CLI"
Then it ends up with:
"Exception: Conversion error: Kindle conversion has encountered an internal error."

Workaround to this. Conversions into .kfx succeed from .kfs or .epub files that were created in Kindle Create program. For example:

.epub converted to .docx, then to .kfs or .epub in Kindle Create, then to .kfx produces working .kfx.
.epub to mobi/azw3/docx, then using CLI to convert mobi/azw3/docx directly to .kfx, fails with the same error.
.epub to .pdf, then to .kfs in Kindle Create via Print Replica also works, but resulting file is then fixed paged .kfx

Full report from CLI:
Quote:
...>calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- "Fran S. Finžgar - Pod svobodnim soncem.EPUB" "Fran S. Finžgar - Pod svobodnim soncem.KFX" -d -p 0
Software versions: KFX Output 2.6.1, calibre 7.4, Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0
KFX Output plugin help is available at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272407

Converting Fran S. Finžgar - Pod svobodnim soncem.EPUB
Converting "Fran S. Finžgar - Pod svobodnim soncem.EPUB" to KPF
Launching Kindle Previewer 3 (unknown_32741376) - CLI
Kindle Previewer 3.76.0 Copyright (c) Amazon.com
Checking specified arguments.
Pre-processing in progress.
Processing 1/1 book(s).
Book Conversion failed. ...\Fran S. Finžgar - Pod svobodnim soncem.epub
Post-processing in progress.
Writing output/log files to ...\calibre_vd6tryub\vhdljv_j\ys3ra9w3z53poz2c0mcj \0000

****************** Conversion Failure Reason *****************
Kindle conversion has encountered an internal error.

************ Kindle Previewer Conversion Guidance ************
Error Kindle conversion has encountered an internal error.
Recommended Fix: Our team needs to investigate this error in order to resolve. Please go to the KPR Help Menu and select the Send Feedback option to inform us of this issue. Please make sure you are signed in and we will provide you with more information within 3 business days. Thank you.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runpy.py", line 198, in _run_module_as_main
File "runpy.py", line 88, in _run_code
File "site.py", line 95, in <module>
File "site.py", line 90, in main
File "site.py", line 50, in run_entry_point
File "calibre\debug.py", line 283, in main
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 265, in cli_main
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 311, in convert_using_previewer
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 357, in report_failure
Exception: Conversion error: Kindle conversion has encountered an internal error.

Last edited by jackm8; 02-14-2024 at 12:49 PM.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 05:29 PM   #1472
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
I'm trying to troubleshoot an error that I get while trying to convert all .epub books in Slovene language that I've tried so far (five books). I'm suspecting something is going off on the side of Kindle Previewer. It's of no massive concern as there is a workaround.
Exception: Conversion error: Kindle conversion has encountered an internal error.
The Kindle Previewer fails with an "internal error" if the book uses an unsupported language.

This plugin has a work-around for some specific languages of temporarily changing the book's language to English for conversion by the Previewer and then restoring the original language in the converted KFX file afterwards. I will add Slovenian (code "sl") in the next release of the plugin.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 06:56 PM   #1473
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Great to know. Funny, I did poke into metadata while trying to fix this, but while I changed other things, I forgot to try changing language. Just changing metadata language to English was enough for all files to convert without an issue.

Last edited by jackm8; 02-15-2024 at 07:02 PM.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:37 PM   #1474
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The Kindle Previewer fails with an "internal error" if the book uses an unsupported language.

This plugin has a work-around for some specific languages of temporarily changing the book's language to English for conversion by the Previewer and then restoring the original language in the converted KFX file afterwards. I will add Slovenian (code "sl") in the next release of the plugin.
Could you also add Serbian (language code "sr" ; and "sh" for rare cases of metadata set as Serbo-Croatian) to that list of languages? I've already tested and confirmed that plugin's work-around code works correctly by manually editing KPR_UNSUPPORTED_LANGUAGES in "original_source_epub.py" file
Or maybe even introduce a plugin tweak to externaly override / redefine that "KPR_UNSUPPORTED_LANGUAGES" list?

Last edited by shamanNS; 02-19-2024 at 03:40 PM.
shamanNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 06:09 PM   #1475
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Could you also add Serbian (language code "sr" ; and "sh" for rare cases of metadata set as Serbo-Croatian) to that list of languages? I've already tested and confirmed that plugin's work-around code works correctly by manually editing KPR_UNSUPPORTED_LANGUAGES in "original_source_epub.py" file
Or maybe even introduce a plugin tweak to externaly override / redefine that "KPR_UNSUPPORTED_LANGUAGES" list?
I am going to change the plugin to work differently in the next release. Instead of a list of languages that are known to fail conversion I will create a list of languages that are known to work. Any unrecognized language will be changed to English and then the original language will be put back into the KFX file that is created. That will be less effort to maintain in the long run.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 08:18 AM   #1476
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
shamanNS is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine