Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-04-2015, 09:11 PM   #16
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I just read a little in the new Fire, in the Kindle app, it's not pretty. Very pixilated.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:31 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Kindles (or at least the ones I've owned) will connect to AT&T hotspots (McDonalds, FedEx, and I think still Starbucks) without any TOC step. But not Fires. You would not really want them to, given security concerns with open wifi.
Agreed I do not trust open WiFi.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2015, 09:31 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I just read a little in the new Fire, in the Kindle app, it's not pretty. Very pixilated.
Screenshot?
Old 12-04-2015, 10:55 PM   #19
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, screen shots.

Links deleted.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-05-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:41 PM   #20
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Has anyone been able to download youtube videos to their fire yet?
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Ok, screen shots.

Here is the Fire 7" 2015

https://www.amazon.com/gp/photos/gal...O_WncBjw0y1oZA

Here is the same book on the Fire HD 6" 2014

https://www.amazon.com/gp/photos/gal...Nq-4RLnifSXI7w

Let me know if these can be viewed, or not....
Links take me to my account and photos.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:24 PM   #22
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Ok, screen shots.

Here is the Fire 7" 2015

https://www.amazon.com/gp/photos/gal...O_WncBjw0y1oZA

Here is the same book on the Fire HD 6" 2014

https://www.amazon.com/gp/photos/gal...Nq-4RLnifSXI7w

Let me know if these can be viewed, or not....
This is asking me to sign in to Amazon, so I would consider it not able to be viewed.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #23
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To take a screenshot hold down the volume down button and power off button at the same time. To post it here click attachments and then select the screenshot image on you fire while it is connected to your computer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-05-13-56-29[1].png
Views:	376
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	144329

To download youtube videos I also had to transfer them from my computer to fire.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:22 PM   #24
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Here's a screenshot of a kindle book.

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-05-14-19-21[1].png
Views:	459
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	144332
Old 12-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Wow that is bad. I'm not sure of the ppi on the new Fire but I thought it be better than the original Fire.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:03 PM   #26
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Here is a screen shot, hope it's not violating the size guidelines.

The one with no picture is my Fire HD 6.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-05-09-43-22.png
Views:	376
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	144333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-05-09-49-04.png
Views:	456
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	144334  

Last edited by booklover6; 12-05-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:23 PM   #27
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

IIRC, in the black friday thread tubemonkey explained that the Kindle Fire HD 6 on sale at radioshack was a better deal for reading purposes. However, I got the 7 to use a tablet and stick to my ereader(s) for reading.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:40 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Here is a screen shot, hope it's not violating the size guidelines.

The one with no picture is my Fire HD 6.
No not at all there is no size guidelines for attachments. You did perfectly.

I see a huge difference. I read the 10" has a ppi of 146 I can't imagine even surfing on a tablet like that. Eyestrain.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #29
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Do you have an HD monitor? My desk top monitor is not a good one, so I can't tell much from the pics I attached. I can see them better on my Nexus 7.

Yes, Ricky, we know the HD6 is better for reading. But we also like to see comparisons!
Old 12-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #30
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

One of the first things I did after purchasing the Fire was to install Google Play. A neat feature of Google Play books is the text to speech feature which I don't believe "regular' kindle ebooks are capable of.