Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #1081
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
If stretch/upscale option is not selected that should not be zoomed.

Open created EPUB file like ZIP archive. Find that page and attach it here.
On my Seven Seas manga stuff, the Kindle versions have higher res images(1348x1920) than the KAO, so it downscales. Could that be the same problem as upscaling?

This is the converted page.

http://imgur.com/a/iaZtn

This is the original.

http://imgur.com/a/qkMvW

It also removes the alpha transparencies.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #1082
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Alpha layer is completely ignored by KCC so losing it is expected.

KCC always trim margins. And it can't be disabled in EPUB output. As you can see processed image is smaller than device resolution. And it is placed in EPUB in original resolution. Any additional zoom is made by device itself.

Pages with this type of content are just victim of algorithm that expect content on entire page. I'm aware about this issue and not planning to fix it.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #1083
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
If stretch/upscale option is not selected that should not be zoomed.

Open created EPUB file like ZIP archive. Find that page and attach it here.
I figured out how to get the correct size by placing a check mark in W/B margins in Kindle Comic Converter.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:09 AM   #1084
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 5.4.1 is out!
  • Minor bug fixes and tweaks
  • Implemented new binary build pipeline

OS X 10.9 is no longer supported.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 10-14-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:25 PM   #1085
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Hi there,

Tried converting some pdf comics to cbz and have run into some problem.
The app works great , but im having some trouble with the output i get.Say i drop a pdf comic with 36 pages and convert to cbz, the resulting archive has 72 images in it.36 of the images are the correct size, and the other 36 are the same images with way smaller size(thumbnails).
Ex:
00000 - correct image
00001 - thumbnail of 00000
00002 - correct image
00003 - thumbnail of 00002
etc.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2017, 05:39 PM   #1086
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I would suggest to unpack PDF file with other tool. PDF parsing in KCC is very simple and might fail in some cases.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:51 PM   #1087
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
I would suggest to unpack PDF file with other tool. PDF parsing in KCC is very simple and might fail in some cases.
Tried converting with comicrack too, and got the same result.It seems the programs shouldnt have any trouble as it was a pdf with only the 36 pages and nothing extra, how did the thumbnails get into the cbz really beats me.
Is it because of the specific way the pdf was created or what?

In the end i just sorted by size inside of the archive and deleted the thumbnails,they were around 10kb each so easy to identify(unless you use stretch, then they get to around 100kb).

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:50 AM   #1088
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I guess that thumbnails are embedded in PDF file and they are extracted as programs take all images that they can find inside.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:26 AM   #1089
ReaLx3m
Groupie

Quote:
I guess that thumbnails are embedded in PDF file and they are extracted as programs take all images that they can find inside.
Yep seems youre absolutely correct. I forgot about the left thumbnail pane in acrobat reader(you enable it through view options).

In case anyone else runs into similar situation, i think i found more elegant solution than deleting thumbs inside the archive.
Advanced PDF Tools, under the optimize tab has an option to remove embeded thumbnails. You can batch remove from all your files.
The trial version has a limitation and says that it processes only half of the pages of the pdf when you run it, and the output file when opened it doesnt show all pages. But when you process the output file with KCC the resulting cbz has all the images inside, without the thumbnails ofcourse.
One small nuissance is that after all this magic, after processing with kcc the cover gets numbered as last in the archive, even though it is first page in the original and even the output pdf... Weeell, that problem ill leave for some other day, satisfied as it is for the time being.
Edit:Unless ofcourse someone has an simple solution for the cover issue...

Last edited by ReaLx3m; 08-27-2017 at 04:35 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #1090
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLx3m View Post
- - - -
Edit: Unless of course someone has an simple solution for the cover issue...
Do you have a link to an example document you can share?
(I.E: not copyright prohibited)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:48 PM   #1091
procyon
copyleft librarian
procyon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
manga mode

what is manga mode?
procyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #1092
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Create book read from the right.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #1093
OmegaX
OmegaX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Is there a problem with EPUB generation on version 5.4.1? I just created a new ePub to read on my Kobo but it takes forever to load each page, and it always shows a bar on the bottom with the "Page x of Y" text, covering part of the image. I opened other ePubs I created with the previous version and I'm not getting those problems.

Edit: disregard, this post. The new version didn't "remember"my previous options so I created an EPUB with the Kindle Oasis profile.

Last edited by OmegaX; 09-30-2017 at 05:38 PM.
OmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:54 PM   #1094
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 5.4.2 is out!
  • Added Kindle Oasis 2 profile
  • Allowed metadata editor to edit directories
  • Fixed image stretching when HQ Panel View option was enabled
  • Fixed possible problem with directory sort order
Old 10-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #1095
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version *cough* *cough* Hotfix 5.4.3 is out!
  • Fixed conversion crash on Windows

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools