Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2021, 04:57 AM   #1
JVT038
JVT038 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Move bookmarks / annotations from epub to kepub

Hi,
I had around ~100 epub files on my E-Reader, before I switched to calibre + calibre-web.
I set up a syncing system, so my E-Reader (Kobo Clara HD) would synchronize books from my calibre-web database to the E-Reader.
Calibre-web automatically converts all epub files to kepub when synchronizing.
Now, there is one thing I want to have as a finishing touch;
Is it possible to move all the statistics and bookmarks from epub to kepub?
I've looked into the database in KoboReader.sqlite and I don't really understand how the columns in 'Bookmark' work and how the position of a highlight / annotation is set up.

Can anyone tell me how to move the annotations from my epub to kepub?
With kind regards,
JVT038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:02 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There is not method to do it, and it probably isn't practical. The locations used for epubs and kepubs is very different and would need to be converted. It wouldn't be that hard to get them changed to point to the correct chapter, but, getting them in the correct location take a much bigger effort.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2021, 11:17 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just wondering why you have calibre-web converting to kepub format?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, calibre-web, epub, kepub, kobo