Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-27-2022, 09:18 AM   #16
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Sigh Christmas is nigh sigh.... I hate Christmas Season especially when every year it starts sooner.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:59 AM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Sigh Christmas is nigh sigh.... I hate Christmas Season especially when every year it starts sooner.
Apache
We haven't even done Halloween and already Amazon wants to start Black Friday super early.

That said, I love fall and the holiday season. I'm looking forward to the cool weather with its dark, dreary, drizzly skies. A steaming cup of clam chowder will take the chill away.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2022, 12:27 PM   #18
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks - banana bread would work
I should have realized that bananas would have more appeal than cash...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:11 PM   #19
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
We haven't even done Halloween and already Amazon wants to start Black Friday super early.

That said, I love fall and the holiday season. I'm looking forward to the cool weather with its dark, dreary, drizzly skies. A steaming cup of clam chowder will take the chill away.
If you were in the jewelry business, you might change your mind.
I have been doing this for 43 years and love what I do. That being said, I hate the Christmas Season. It was bad enough when it started the Friday after Thanksgiving. Now they want to start it six weeks earlier???????? I do like the income, but I also like eating, sleeping and spending time with my family. I guess it is too late to start another career.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:50 PM   #20
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks Monkey!

Speaking of the crisp weather, I have begun stocking up on soups and chowders, both canned and powder. Please place them on my wish list.

I am also in the market for something I'm not sure is sold anymore - an old-fashioned stand-up desk. For years, all I have seen are small contraptions for a desktop computer with a second shelf for the screen. I'm looking for a bigger flat single table top with legs 4-5 feet high.

Thanks!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2022, 06:33 AM   #21
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Thanks Monkey!

Speaking of the crisp weather, I have begun stocking up on soups and chowders, both canned and powder. Please place them on my wish list.

I am also in the market for something I'm not sure is sold anymore - an old-fashioned stand-up desk. For years, all I have seen are small contraptions for a desktop computer with a second shelf for the screen. I'm looking for a bigger flat single table top with legs 4-5 feet high.

Thanks!
There are larger adjustable desks but pricey. If you're not too tall, a bar-height (bistro?) table might work for you - I see used ones on sale fairly often. Lab supply places might also be worth a look but probably pricey too.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:36 AM   #22
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
There are larger adjustable desks but pricey. If you're not too tall, a bar-height (bistro?) table might work for you - I see used ones on sale fairly often. Lab supply places might also be worth a look but probably pricey too.
Thanks cc! Actually, I'm 6'3", so something about five feet high would work.

Any suggestions for websites?
Old 09-28-2022, 11:53 AM   #23
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
Thanks cc! Actually, I'm 6'3", so something about five feet high would work.

Any suggestions for websites?
You don't look that tall in your picture!
Old 09-28-2022, 03:14 PM   #24
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Quote:
Thanks Monkey!

Thanks!
If you want a fixed height desk/table, you might look at work benches for workshops. We are actually using one as a dining table right now with bar stools. It is adjustable, but only by removing 4 knobs (with table upside down) and pulling the legs out or in. Just another option. I can't tell you the brand, but we bought it from Sam's Club. Let me tell you, this thing is solid and heavy, and actually pretty nice looking.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:29 PM   #25
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Thanks - banana bread would work
Since you're made out of yarn, shouldn't you prefer banana thread?

I already bought a Christmas gift for my dad, so I'm basically just looking for whatever freebies I can get from Amazon this season. I'm sure they'll limit most of them to first time users/buyers/etc., but hopefully they'll have a few for the rest of us.

As for what I got him, I picked up a Black & Decker 20v cordless tool set. Drill, sander, jigsaw, oscillating attachment, impact driver and router. He's still using an ancient corded drill, so I hope he'll like the upgrade. The other functions are just a nice bonus.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:15 AM   #26
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
If you want a fixed height desk/table, you might look at work benches for workshops. We are actually using one as a dining table right now with bar stools. It is adjustable, but only by removing 4 knobs (with table upside down) and pulling the legs out or in. Just another option. I can't tell you the brand, but we bought it from Sam's Club. Let me tell you, this thing is solid and heavy, and actually pretty nice looking.
Thanks Mrs. C!
Old 09-29-2022, 05:15 AM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon Introduces Four New Echo Devices
Quote:
Plus Upgrades to Echo Studio Audio

All-new Echo Dot and Echo Dot with Clock deliver up to two-times the bass of the previous generation, add a temperature sensor, double as eero mesh wifi extenders; and Echo Dot Kids arrives in new Owl and Dragon designs

Echo Studio creates even more immersive sound with new spatial audio processing technology and upgraded frequency range extension

Echo Auto features an all-new, compact design and an adhesive mount, making it even easier to bring Alexa on the go

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 28, 2022-- Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) today introduced the next generation of Echo Dot and Echo Auto, giving you more ways to bring the convenience of Alexa to every room of your home and into your car. In addition, Amazon announced a new generation of Echo Dot Kids with new designs, significant audio improvements to Echo Studio, and a host of new features for Alexa—including a new Fire TV experience on Echo Show 15. To learn about all the Alexa features and experiences, visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/dev...lexa-news-2022.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-29-2022 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:16 AM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Introducing Amazon Kindle Scribe
Quote:
the First Kindle for Reading and Writing

Newest Kindle features the world’s first 10.2-inch, 300-ppi, high-definition, front-lit display and pen—just $339

Beautiful, large display feels like writing on paper—take notes in millions of books; stay organized and inspired with to-do lists, planners, and journal entries; and review documents imported from your phone or computer, distraction-free

Kindle Scribe includes customer-favorite features beloved for reading and now for writing—adjustable warm light, auto-adjusting front light, and USB-C charging; powered by a battery designed to last for months

Enjoy millions of books in the Kindle store—plus, Kindle Scribe comes with a free, four-month Kindle Unlimited membership with access to over 3 million eBooks and more

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 28, 2022-- Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) today introduced Kindle Scribe—the next generation of Kindle that unites reading with writing. Kindle Scribe features the world’s first 10.2-inch, 300 pixels per inch (ppi), Paperwhite display, and an included pen that never needs charging. The premium, front-lit, and glare-free display feels like reading and writing on paper, with crisp text and ample space for larger fonts, images, charts, and documents. Designed for reading and notetaking in millions of books, adding notes to documents, journaling, and more, Kindle Scribe is available for preorder today from just $339 and will ship later this year. Learn more at www.amazon.com/kindlescribe.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-29-2022 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:28 AM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Upgrades Fire TV
Quote:
with Third Generation Fire TV Cube and New Alexa Voice Remote Pro

New Fire TV Cube with hands-free Alexa control is the most powerful Fire TV streaming player ever—20% more powerful than the previous generation—and first streaming media player in the industry with an HDMI input port and Wi-Fi 6E support

New premium Alexa Voice Remote Pro introduces Fire TV’s first-ever Remote Finder feature, backlighting, and customizable buttons for personalized shortcuts
Amazon Launches Its Smartest TV Lineup Ever
Quote:
Fire TV Omni QLED Series

The Fire TV Omni QLED Series features 4K QLED display with up to 96 local dimming zones, Dolby Vision IQ, and HDR10+ Adaptive support for stunning picture quality

New Fire TV Ambient Experience reimagines the smart TV with the power of Alexa—new widgets provide helpful, glanceable information throughout the day

The Omni QLED Series also serves as a beautiful canvas for artwork—choose from a free catalog of over 1,500 gallery-quality images with no subscription, display your family photos, and more

Alexa hands-free is always ready for simple and natural search, discovery, playback, and control of the Ambient Experience
Old 10-01-2022, 12:33 AM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I have a couple of wishlist things. One is a portable table stand that will hold a Fire 8 and Fire 10. I stitch from magazines and individual patterns on this when away from home. A standing cover won't work as they then won't fit in my articulating stand by my chair.

Bed ereader stand. Replacing my cat as my ereader holder while I read on my side. My cat has hinted that she's done with the job by sleeping on the end of the bed now.

A 4 slice toaster. We seem to kill these after a year, so looking for better quality on discount.
Moving your request to this thread.

Added to list.