Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-14-2020, 08:54 PM   #76
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
I never worked with CSV files before, but it looks simple enough.
I think it would be easy to add support for it ..
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:35 PM   #77
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
While you're at it, mind committing the UI files somewhere, instead of only the generated files?

That was slightly confusing when I realized that the repo currently matches a slightly older build than the latest Py2 release ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2020, 05:36 AM   #78
MagnaNime
MagnaNime began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2 | Kobo Glo Hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Thank you for your answer ! I will check the next updates and see if you make this happen
MagnaNime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:40 AM   #79
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

@NiLuJe I can upload the .ui files too, but I don't think that they will help much, since they point to different resources..
Old 12-15-2020, 09:39 AM   #80
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, the idea would be to actually be able to rebuild the thing from actual sources .
Advert
Old 12-15-2020, 11:12 AM   #81
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Python has a built-in rather limited but perhaps sufficient CSV module, and alternatively a variety of other good ones.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:57 PM   #82
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Python has a built-in rather limited but perhaps sufficient CSV module, and alternatively a variety of other good ones.
I was writing the data to the file myself and it was working OK, until I stumbled onto Micro$oft Excell's inability to recognize line breaks inside the text qualifiers I'm using (double quotes).

I will try the build-in support to see if it handles it any better..
Old 12-16-2020, 12:14 PM   #83
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Btw, pandas is probably overkill for just a little bit of output, but it can also write xslx I believe.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:33 PM   #84
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Btw, pandas is probably overkill for just a little bit of output, but it can also write xslx I believe.
Well, using the built-in csv lib led to Unicode errors (python 2.x), and because I don't want to add another dependency, I'm back to manual creation...
It is RFC 4180 compliant, and all the other office suites I tested where behaving ok, so...

Last edited by embryo; 12-16-2020 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:38 PM   #85
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Stupid question: is there a reason you actually need to keep Py2 compat?
Old 12-16-2020, 09:14 PM   #86
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Stupid question: is there a reason you actually need to keep Py2 compat?
The reason for this is some Windows XP systems I have, that I want all my stuff to keep running.
I hate it when a perfectly working system can't be utilized because of missing apps..
Old 12-17-2020, 07:23 AM   #87
Frenzie
Wizard

As an aside: https://msfn.org/board/topic/177972-...or-windows-xp/

There's also plain old Python 3.4 (though 2.7 is presumably supported better than 3.4, so…).
Old 12-17-2020, 10:36 AM   #88
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
As an aside: https://msfn.org/board/topic/177972-...or-windows-xp/

There's also plain old Python 3.4 (though 2.7 is presumably supported better than 3.4, so…).
Python 3 must use Pyside2 that does not run on WinXP..
Old 12-17-2020, 11:38 AM   #89
Frenzie
Wizard

Fwiw, it looks like they have a Python 3.4 version as well.

https://download.qt.io/official_rele...in32-py3.4.exe
Old 12-17-2020, 05:40 PM   #90
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Fwiw, it looks like they have a Python 3.4 version as well.

https://download.qt.io/official_rele...in32-py3.4.exe
Wow, thanx!
It seems that you can find everything sooner or later..
When I get some free time, I'll create a special environment for this (interpreter, Pyside and the rest of the libs) to try it..