Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-07-2022, 07:44 PM   #1171
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
That works, thanks.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 10:31 PM   #1172
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalV View Post
I'm using Calibre 6.8 and since the change to ignore punctuation in search I've been unable to get new versions of Calibre to recognize # or @ for identifiers:odid or any of those variations.
The "Unaccented characters match accented characters and punctuation is ignored" option under Preferences, Searching can be unselected to allow search for punctuation characters. Or you can use regular expression searches since they process all characters.

For example to find links to book at the Brooklyn Public Library Overdrive site:
identifiers:=odid:~@brooklyn\.overdrive\.com

The next release of the plugin will use regular expression searches for the "Select previously linked books" menu choice so that it will work properly even if punctuation is set to be ignored in your calibre preferences.

Quote:
Scribd search is not working for me and gives me the following error:
That will be fixed in the next plugin release. I changed to a simpler (but potentially slower) method of searching Scribd.

Quote:
Audible and Amazon items in discovered links no longer have the publisher, publication date, or language. There's something about them updating the Amazon lookup in Calibre in the latest update.
That will be fixed in the next plugin release. Website changes at Amazon and Audible prevented metadata from being processed properly.

Quote:
Amazon UK gave me the following error for a book I don't think has an audiobook:
That will be fixed in the next plugin release.

Quote:
IA isn't working for me and gives me the following error:
That will be fixed in the next plugin release.

Quote:
Thanks so much for the plugin that I use the most!
I'm glad that you find it to be useful. I plan to release the updated plugin after I have tested all of the changes, hopefully in about a week.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2022, 07:44 AM   #1173
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.52.0 - 11 Nov 2022

Change Select previously linked books to use regular expressions because calibre versions 5.42 and later might be set to ignore punctuation characters in normal searches.

Handle website change at OverDrive. Fixes "Found 0 mediaItems (expected 1)")

Handle website change at Internet Archive that prevented searching. Fixes "Server response error (Missing BookReaderJSIA)")

Handle website change at Scribd. Fixes "Missing React.createElement(Scribd.Search.App,')")

Handle website change at Amazon. Fixes missing book metadata.

Handle website change at Audible. Fixes missing metadata and eliminates errors reported for authors that have no audiobooks.

Handle "novascotia.overdrive.com" and "samepage.overdrive.com" as equivalent OverDrive sites.
Old 11-11-2022, 08:32 AM   #1174
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Version 2.52.0 - 11 Nov 2022

Change Select previously linked books to use regular expressions because calibre versions 5.42 and later might be set to ignore punctuation characters in normal searches.

Handle website change at OverDrive. Fixes "Found 0 mediaItems (expected 1)")

Handle website change at Internet Archive that prevented searching. Fixes "Server response error (Missing BookReaderJSIA)")

Handle website change at Scribd. Fixes "Missing React.createElement(Scribd.Search.App,')")

Handle website change at Amazon. Fixes missing book metadata.

Handle website change at Audible. Fixes missing metadata and eliminates errors reported for authors that have no audiobooks.

Handle "novascotia.overdrive.com" and "samepage.overdrive.com" as equivalent OverDrive sites.
Thank you very much! As I use this plugin daily, I really thank you the updates.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:15 PM   #1175
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Thank you very much for the plugin.

I know it is working because it can successfully link books and discover new books from one of my libraries. However, another library is giving an error:

Quote:
---------------- ERRORS WHILE SEARCHING ----------------

Search Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec for all by isaac asimov: : Server response error (Unexpected search-text Affichage de 1-9 résultats sur 9 pour “isaac AND asimov”)
Here is a link to the above library, searching for “isaac asimov”: link is here. In my browser, I see the page in English, but from the error message, it seems it is assuming that the plugin can be served data in French instead. I wonder if that is breaking a regular expression or something.

Thank you again for the plugin. If I can provide any additional details to help out, please let me know what!
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2022, 08:16 PM   #1176
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isarl View Post
In my browser, I see the page in English, but from the error message, it seems it is assuming that the plugin can be served data in French instead. I wonder if that is breaking a regular expression or something.

Thank you again for the plugin. If I can provide any additional details to help out, please let me know what!
It is likely something to do with the French messages. The plugin was only built to handle English language sites.

I will take a look and try to make it handle your library.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:26 PM   #1177
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
It is likely something to do with the French messages. The plugin was only built to handle English language sites.

I will take a look and try to make it handle your library.
As is with this case, could the option to input a specific book URL help with non-English sites? The user can manually construct the ID, but that's tricky.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 12:36 PM   #1178
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
As is with this case, could the option to input a specific book URL help with non-English sites? The user can manually construct the ID, but that's tricky.
In this new case the library in question is bilingual. I believe I will be able to make the plugin work with it by getting it to use English instead of French for search results. So an ability to manually create links should not be needed in this case.

Even if it was possible to create links manually from URLs I would not expect anyone to need to do that on a regular basis. So I am reluctant to spend my time and effort developing that feature.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:31 PM   #1179
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I hate to ask if this has already been addressed, but I noticed that Libby is going to be taking over Overdrive in the early months of next year (according to my apps). Is this going to affect the plugin?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 05:42 PM   #1180
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I hate to ask if this has already been addressed, but I noticed that Libby is going to be taking over Overdrive in the early months of next year (according to my apps). Is this going to affect the plugin?
The OverDrive app is being eliminated and is replaced by the Libby app. However the OverDrive web sites used by this plugin are supposed to remain intact, at least for now. If that changes I will deal with it when it happens.
Old 11-20-2022, 11:19 AM   #1181
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
In this new case the library in question is bilingual. I believe I will be able to make the plugin work with it by getting it to use English instead of French for search results. So an ability to manually create links should not be needed in this case.

Even if it was possible to create links manually from URLs I would not expect anyone to need to do that on a regular basis. So I am reluctant to spend my time and effort developing that feature.
Unfortunately while I can easily use the UI element on the webpage to change my language in my web browser, doing so does not add, for instance,
Code:
?lang=en
to the URL or any other obvious mechanisms for easily requesting the English-language page by default in the Calibre plugin.

Sorry I can't provide more assistance in fixing my own problem! If you are not able to get non-English Overdrive sites like this one working, please know that I still greatly appreciate your work on this plugin and the value it provides for English-default Overdrive sites. <3

:
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 05:36 PM   #1182
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isarl View Post
Sorry I can't provide more assistance in fixing my own problem! If you are not able to get non-English Overdrive sites like this one working, please know that I still greatly appreciate your work on this plugin and the value it provides for English-default Overdrive sites. <3

:
I have worked out a change to the plugin so that it requests bilingual sites in English. It is now working for the specific site you mentioned. I just need to do some more testing to make sure that I didn’t break anything before releasing it.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
Old 11-22-2022, 09:49 AM   #1183
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 2.53.0 - 22 Nov 2022

Allowing searching at bilingual French OverDrive sites. Fixes "Unexpected search-text Affichage de 1-9 résultats sur 9 pour...

Handle website change at Cloud Library. Fixes inability to sign in and lack of search results when not signed in.
Old 11-24-2022, 07:38 PM   #1184
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
The OverDrive app is being eliminated and is replaced by the Libby app. However the OverDrive web sites used by this plugin are supposed to remain intact, at least for now. If that changes I will deal with it when it happens.
Thank You!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 06:07 PM   #1185
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Question

Not sure if this is something I accidentally did or if it's a result of a change in the latest update of Calibre, but when I included "Identifiers" in the book details display there used to be individual clickable links* for each library that included a book in its catalog, and now they're gone. Thoughts?

*One link for each odid entry that would, when clicked, take you to the borrow page for that book at that library; it saved having to use the context menu and navigate through multiple layers, as well as providing a really useful visual reminder of where all an ebook or audiobook could be found, and I'm missing it desperately after less than 24 hours.

Last edited by Montana Harper; 12-16-2022 at 06:10 PM.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
id=model, overdrive