Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-01-2022, 06:02 PM   #1
Salenka
Salenka began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Unhappy Workspace issue

I have been using Sigil for about a week and from the beginning the Preview window was fixed on the right side of the screen.

When I was going to make several changes to the book's html file, I'd click on F10 for disabling the preview mode so that it wouldn't keep updating (and freezing for a couple seconds) all the time. Then when I clicked on F10 the Table of Contents window took the place of the Preview window, and the window with the HTML code remained fixed in its dimensions.

However, now when I click on F10 the Preview window simply disappears the window with the HTML code readjusts itself to the PC screen. And that is driving me crazy.

I must have clicked on something to cause this problem, but I have no idea what happened.

I have been searching this forum and could not find a solution.

If anyone has a tip on how to configure the workspace to get it back to the old way, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am on Windows 10.
Salenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:17 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Undock by dragging the Preview Window away. Make sure the TOC Window is checked and is viewable on the right hand side.. Drag and drop the detached Preview Window on top of the attached TOC window. It should create a tab when dropped. You may need to try this a couple of times. It is a bit finicky.

Also why does it take seconds to update Preview? Are you editing one big html file instead of splitting it into separate files by chapter? If so splitting it should come first.

One thing that does delay things with long files is auto spellcheck. Turn that off to speed things up.

Last edited by KevinH; 12-01-2022 at 06:32 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:23 PM   #3
Salenka
Salenka began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Undock by dragging the Preview Window away. Make sure the TOC Window is checked and is viewable on the right hand side.. Drag and drop the detached Preview Window on top of the attached TOC window. It should create a tab when dropped. You may need to try this a couple of times. It is a bit finicky.
Yes, that was the worspace initial setup, KevinH, you hit the mark!

How silly I feel now!

Quote:
Also why does it take seconds to update Preview? Are you editing one big html file instead of splitting it into separate files by chapter? If so splitting it should come first.

One thing that does delay things with long files is auto spellcheck. Turn that off to speed things up.
In fact I am working with a long html file. I'll break it down and see if that aspect improves.

Salenka is offline   Reply With Quote