Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Mayr
Connoisseur
Mayr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3Gs
Buying books on the amazon store to read on Sony prs-505

I live in Portugal and I own a iPhone 3Gs and from what I read i think I can buy and download books from the amazon on line book store am I right?

Can I convert and read them on my Sony prs-505?

Last edited by Mayr; 10-07-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Mayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
To convert the books, you would first have to strip the DRM. It's not an easy task with books from Amazon.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
To convert the books, you would first have to strip the DRM. It's not an easy task with books from Amazon.
Sure it is (it's the same as doing Mobi books). There's even a GUI version floating around now, all you do is pick the book, pick the destination of the un-DRM'd copy and click a button (once you have your PID). This of course only works for AZW books and not Topaz. To convert for Sony just use Calibre to convert to LRF or EPUB.

As to buying them on iPhone I'm not sure it the iPhone app is geo restricted or not, if it is there are probably workarounds posted somewhere on the forum.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:10 AM   #4
Mayr
Connoisseur
Mayr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3Gs
The app is georestricted but if you iphone is jailbreaked you can install it anyway.
Not sure if I can post the site where to get it here...
Mayr is offline   Reply With Quote