Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Some docs will not delete from Kindle PW

I have some Docs on my Kindle PW that I added. I have tried using the Kindle to delete them from the device, but they will not delete. I even tried going into the Kindle via Finder (Mac OS) to delete them, but that doesn't even work.
Any ideas about this?
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:33 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You mean the files will physically not delete from the filestore? Unfortunately that can indicate that the flash memory unit has failed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #3
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the reply.
What is the filestore?
If the flash memory has failed, any idea what my options are, to fix the flash memory, or getting Amazon to fix/replace my device?
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:15 PM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
If your flash has failed there's nothing you can do to fix it. Amazon will probably replace it if it's under warranty.

However, that's a rare thing to happen and there are things you can try before you conclude that. It's possible that the file system or maybe the OS is corrupted. The first thing I'd do is restart the device. There's an option for that in the menu when you get into settings.

If that doesn't fix it then I'd reset the device. That'll reformat and re-install the Kindle's OS. This will deregister the Kindle and erase everything on it so make sure you've backed up anything you don't want to lose. Reset it, reregister it and copy a doc file to it and see if you can delete it. The odds are very good that this will fix it.

if not then it's probably time to start talking to Amazon about what you can do next.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paperwhite 3