Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #1
PatrickTC
PatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kobo - Mini, Glo, Glo HD
Standalone Forma setup?

I'm trying to do a standalone Forma setup as I've done with every previous Kobo I've owned, but it isn't working like it used to. Does anyone have any insight? There are some extra columns in the User Table in Sqlite...

Every time I've tried it, the Forma comes up and says I've made a "Critical Error," and that I haven't synced any books yet. I can load an ePub via Calibre, but then it doesn't show up under My Books on the Forma...

I'm essentially illiterate when it comes to understanding these matters, but I've always gotten by for the memory expansion and standalone hacks just by reading the forums and parroting...

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be most grateful!
PatrickTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:52 PM   #2
PatrickTC
PatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsPatrickTC can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Sorry, everyone! I'm guessing I should have posted this over in the Developer's Forum!
Advert
Old 12-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I seem to remember that there were at some point changes made to the values expected in the columns. Could you share what exactly you did insert into the table?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #4
PatrickTC

I'm going to try again, and I'll carefully document what I do, and post the results in the Developer's Forum, where I think I should have posted first. I've done Mini's, Aura's, a Glo, and a Glo HD according o the instructions in the HACKS thread without any trouble.

The Forma has some extra columns, and it kept telling me I hadn't added any content and that I needed to sync, even after I had side loaded epubs from Calibre.

I may not be able to do this for several days, as it is back-to-the-grind for me today; but Thank You for the reply.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The extra columns are not specific to the forma; they are related to the firmware version in use on the device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I seem to remember that there were at some point changes made to the values expected in the columns. Could you share what exactly you did insert into the table?
Yes, exactly what works has changed over time. And I remember that there was an earlier firmware version that gave "Critical Error". I'm pretty sure someone worked out how to solve it. A search for that should find it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote