Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 07:36 AM   #16
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
You're welcome everybody for the new patches :. If you have any more requests, feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Thank you again Geoff for your very quick work.
Er, I'm geek1011 I update most of the patches now, but GeoffR still helps me with the 24 line spacing values and Epub margins patches which I don't totally understand.

Quote:
I'm somewhat destabilized that the two new libnickel patches are set to yes by default.
Sorry about that, that was a mistake. I've fixed it.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #17
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks a lot for figuring out how to remove slide to unlock. I can confirm it works on my Forma.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #18
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountian View Post
Is there any way to change the screensaver by the patch order?...maybe I need a guide to find how to do that...thanks!
By default you can have it show the cover for whatever you are reading or a sleep screen. The sleep screen might have a company logo on it, this can be changed by changing your affiliate.

There is no patch to change this.

There is a mod which will let you set your own screensaver image. Have a look at this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=255238
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #19
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@geek1011,

Strike while the iron's hot, I say. Now you're in tracker mood, searching for new patches to conquer ...

Can I put in a request for you to look for where the font-family used for pop-up footnote text is set?

Footnote text font-size can already be patched in nickel (RegularTouchLabel variable, thanks to jcn363 for that snippet). But, so far, any attempt to change font-family has not worked.

I have no idea how many others would be interested in this so there is no rush. However, if it's an interesting little project for you, there will be at least one grateful user.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:56 PM   #20
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
You're welcome everybody for the new patches :. If you have any more requests, feel free to ask.
Any chance you might take a look at removing the top-margin completely in the epub reader?
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 12:58 PM   #21
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
Any chance you might take a look at removing the top-margin completely in the epub reader?
Maybe. I've been thinking about how I would approach it for a bit (I want this patch too), but the hardest part will be figuring exactly where it comes from (it wasn't obvious from a quick 15 minute glance).
Old 11-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #22
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Strike while the iron's hot, I say. Now you're in tracker mood, searching for new patches to conquer ...
I find doing this quite interesting, and at the moment, I have time for it.

Quote:
Can I put in a request for you to look for where the font-family used for pop-up footnote text is set?
Yes. I'll take a look at this sometime this week.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #23
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
@geek1011 -- thank you so much for your patching work for us Kobo owners! Like JackieW, I want to strike while the iron is hot -- but my request(s) may be beyond easy patching.

1. On the Forma, I'd love to have the option to have the physical page buttons ALWAYS trigger page forward -- i.e., toggle up OR toggle down. My grip shifts, so sometimes one toggle direction is more natural for me than the other, but I always want to be going forward. If I need to go backwards (rarely) I can just swipe.

2. Whether it is easier or harder than that request, the other solution would be to have a tap forward zone in the tap settings that basically takes up the whole screen other than a small options box around the page number. On the larger devices (KA1 and Forma), none of the four options work well for my grip -- my thumb is too high for the one that has page forward all the way across the bottom, and you have to reach too far across the device with your thumb for either of the two options that devote more space to page forward on one of the sides.

I would be a very happy camper with either or both of these. Thanks for listening (and thanks again for enabling us to get rid of the swipe to open nuisance!)
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:22 PM   #24
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Progresive 4.11.11980-2 and 4.11.12019

Basically tshering's BAD EYES revisited, which enlarged the font-size in GUI, with a simplify home screen ("Only Reading and My Books") and the addition of other patches (games, some fixes, cover increase...). It is documented (somehow).
Note: libnickel part is deprecated.
Warning: You never should use it if you read in Turkish or Japanese.
Use at your own risk, I can't guarantee that it does not cause any issue.
Good luck.
EDIT:
I've changed the file.
Now the file has two versions inside (one for A1/Forma and another one for ClaraHD/H2O/GloHD/AuraHD), use as needed. If you own a different device, you must change the values as needed.
You can use it with 4.11.11980, 4.11.11982 and 4.11.12019.
If you find any... don't hesitate.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nickel-PROGRESIVE_4.11.11980-2.yaml.zip (129.3 KB, 299 views)

Last edited by jcn363; 11-28-2018 at 02:00 PM. Reason: add version
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:49 PM   #25
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
1. On the Forma, I'd love to have the option to have the physical page buttons ALWAYS trigger page forward -- i.e., toggle up OR toggle down. My grip shifts, so sometimes one toggle direction is more natural for me than the other, but I always want to be going forward. If I need to go backwards (rarely) I can just swipe.
I've been looking into this, and I think I almost have it. Could you add the following to your Kobo eReader.conf, and enable input logging in Settings -> About -> Developer Options, press the previous page (in the reader) 5 times, then next 5 times, then send me the generated logs in the .kobo directory?

Code:
[DeveloperSettings]
EnableDebugServices=true
Old 11-07-2018, 05:00 PM   #26
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
I'm trying to go to a close to 0 topmargin, but it seems to be stuck at the default margin.
May be a conflict with the new show/hide title setting.
Also stuck on it (epub). A certain value does not change (it seems to me too big).

Everything else works fine.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #27
geek1011
Wizard

Patches v25 with new "Enable rotation on all devices" patch

I have released v25 of the patches with a new "Enable rotation on all devices" patch by me, and kobopatch v0.10.4 (now shows line numbers for errors)

Line numbers:
They look like "Error: i##: whatever". Just count the number of dashes (instructions) in the patch with the error to find the line.

Enable rotation on all devices patch
I have finished a patch to allow landscape rotation on all devices. This patch works perfectly without any glitches at all. It's actually surprisingly useful for reading certain things. I did this by replacing the check in MainWindowController::allowLandscapeRotation with a MOV r0, 0x1, which is called when building the status bar, and in the different views. Currently, this is all I need to do, as the code to enable the MMA8652 sensor has it's own check, so it won't attempt to enable a sensor which doesn't exist. See the screenshots to see what this looks like on my Aura Edition 2 v1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	auraed2v1_patch_enablerotatation.png
Views:	439
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	167514  
Old 11-07-2018, 06:02 PM   #28
mountian
mountian began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
By default you can have it show the cover for whatever you are reading or a sleep screen. The sleep screen might have a company logo on it, this can be changed by changing your affiliate.

There is no patch to change this.

There is a mod which will let you set your own screensaver image. Have a look at this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=255238
wow, thanks!!!
mountian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I've been looking into this, and I think I almost have it. Could you add the following to your Kobo eReader.conf, and enable input logging in Settings -> About -> Developer Options, press the previous page (in the reader) 5 times, then next 5 times, then send me the generated logs in the .kobo directory?

Code:
[DeveloperSettings]
EnableDebugServices=true
You might also want them to go into the Logging Category settings and change the the logged categories. I don't know which will be used for the buttons, but, turning off the frontlight, sync, packetdump and wifi options will reduce the size of the log a lot.

They can also go back into the developers options and do a "Save log" after the test. That will create a timestamped file that will stop at that point.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #30
geek1011
Wizard

Patches v25 with new "Change pop-up footnote font-family" patch

I've released patches v26 with a new "Change pop-up footnote font-family" patch by me

This patch was made at the request of jackie_w:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@geek1011,

Footnote text font-size can already be patched in nickel (RegularTouchLabel variable, thanks to jcn363 for that snippet). But, so far, any attempt to change font-family has not worked.
You're welcome! The reason why it didn't work for you is that even though the RegularTouchLabel is used in the ConfirmationDialog, the ConfirmationDialog>#text styling overrides it.

Now, I have 2 more requests to do (I've done 3!): the page turn buttons (waiting for rogerinnyc to send me logs), and the large top/bottom margins when headers/footers are disabled.

Last edited by geek1011; 11-07-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching