Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
No connection possible to Kobo Auro HD

Suddenly, after connecting to my Kobo reader, I got the following error

Code:
Error communicating with device

calibre, version 2.35.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 503, in _books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1780, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
I just upgraded to calibre version 2.35 so I have no clue whether this is Kobo or calibre or both related.

The Kobo reader behaved thereafter strange (no books present anymore), but a reset fixed that and all books seem to be present and accessible again.
However calibre still refuses to connect with the above message.

Any pointers about this? Can calibre be involved? Or should just a complete Kobo factory reset be able to fix this?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This looks like a corrupted Kobo database. No need for a reset; just do a Settings | Account | SignOut from Kobo account.

This will remove the database and make you do a re-setup, but will not drop sideloaded content.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2015, 10:56 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
I thought so Presumably it was just an coincident that it happened after upgrading to calibre 2.35.

Incidentally, re-setup does require a "kobo" account, not? But as I always side-load, I never will actually use it. I do not even really recall what we originally used. Is there some trick to avoid that or will just any account do?

These are the issues you normally only do once and I do tend to forget things nowadays (sign I become old and wise and now do have the privilege to forget things which clutter my brains...)
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:41 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you are not buying and downloading books from Kobo, then any account will do. Or you can add a row to the database to fake the registration. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=217160 has details of lots of Kobo tweaks. The one you want is "Registration Bypassing".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote